Why become a member? ×

dha valve tone mk3

stacedabass

hi i have a dha valetone mk3 (love it!!) currently being powered by a maplins 12v 2.0A current, i was wondering if i could be able to power the mk3 with the T-rex Fuel tank using one of it's 12v output even though it has a maximum of 500ma current. I just want to cut down on all my trailing cables and i thought the fuel tank would be a good solution for my 9v and 12v pedals.
Cheers Nick

[quote name='stacedabass' post='324465' date='Nov 7 2008, 08:24 PM']hi i have a dha valetone mk3 (love it!!) currently being powered by a maplins 12v 2.0A current, i was wondering if i could be able to power the mk3 with the T-rex Fuel tank using one of it's 12v output even though it has a maximum of 500ma current. I just want to cut down on all my trailing cables and i thought the fuel tank would be a good solution for my 9v and 12v pedals.
Cheers Nick[/quote]

Hi Nick,

Yes it should be fine as the MK3 only draws about 300mA on start up and then drops to 150mA. The only things to watch will be if the 2.1mm connector can be set to centre positive and that the supply is well regulated (I suspect it is).

Dave