Why become a member? ×

FEELER 1982 Fender WALNUT Precision Special

cd_david

1982 Walnut prec Special as owned by WOT. I bought this about 5 years ago and wouldn't dream of selling but................ there is a bass you see, someone else has it and i dont. Alright Alright Im gassing bad :)

Its in good nick with a few dints and laquer chips to the edge of the fingerboard but nothing worse than age related for a 26 year old.
Was made for ONE YEAR ONLY, then remodelled into the Elite Precision.
Has Active/Passive switch, Bass & Treble boost and cut in active mode and passive tone in passive mode + vol.
Gold fender hardware and maple skunk stripe.
It comes with the original fender hard shell case, plush lined.

Feeler at the mo and not sure what to ask, please PM offers
If theres interest i will post more pics

Cheers
Dave

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='cd_david' post='324946' date='Nov 8 2008, 07:26 PM']Gold fender hardware and maple skunk stripe.[/quote]

[quote name='Shockwave' post='324971' date='Nov 8 2008, 08:23 PM']Is that gold hardware i spy? If so i want this :)[/quote]

It certainly is Gold.

Hi all

Here's another one of mine that got away. It was a loyal companion for many years and hundreds of gigs... a great bass.

It's one of the first Walnut Specials they built - almost all have a 'blackburst' finish, whereas this is clear all over. I've only seen two others with this finish, over in the States.

It's got one of the best open Es I've ever heard - strong, deep and punchy. The active circuit is very natural sounding, but very powerful, and can be bypassed with a flick of the switch.

I recorded quite a few things on this. I'll try and dig some suff out.

"Hi mate, I know someone who has a very tidy Lake Placid Blue version for sale at £1400, so that might give you some idea of prices. Gorgeous basses btw, just not keen on the walnut finish!

Hope this helps,

James "

Got this from Jamesemt, Cheers mate, Seems a fair price, remember the rarity of the walnut "natural" without burst finish, I think this will prove to be VERY valuable in years to come.

ATB
Dave

Edited by cd_david