Why become a member? ×

Provided Rig - Orange Terror

Lozz196

Used one of these last night, through a Markbass 410 cab. I used to have an OTB, but had forgotten how insanely powerful they are. Ok, I needed my Sansamp Para Driver for my eq, no different to using any other amp really, and had to back off completely on the bass on the OTB, but, well I was pretty impressed. In a regular sized pub I had volume & gain on 2, for on-stage sound the bass fully off, and mids treble at about 1 o`clock - the Para Driver eq went straight to FOH.

And the other bands that used it, with a variety of basses, well they all sounded good, basses used were Precision, Thunderbird, Rickenbacker Cheyenne, all worked well - to me the guy that put the Precision through it sounded the best, no surprises there I hear you say, but he got the eq sounding full without being boomy, and with a good top-end edge to it.

Flat settings on the OTB according to the measurements in the BassGearMag review are bass and treble all the way off and mids up full. That should be a good starting point if using an external pre anyway! They also measured it peaking at around 900W for the 500W model!

Edited by dannybuoy