Why become a member? ×

NBD American Jazz

Cat Burrito

Having not had a Jazz for a while, I'd been halfheartedly searching the web for one. I wanted an American one to complete an American Trilogy with my T-bird and Ric, plus I'd never owned a US one. Ideally not too new. Last week I saw Dennis Dunaway live with the original Alice Cooper band and said to my wife, almost apologetically, "sorry I am going to have to get one". 

Classic and Cool Guitars (whom I bought a '78 P-bass from many years back) had this 2008 model. There were a few mods that were surprisingly exactly to my tastes in the badass bridge (never owned one but remember reading about them when they were very much the latest thing back in the 90s) and the cool white pickup covers. The precious owner had put P bass knobs on it but kept all the original parts. 

Balance wise it is nice, just a shade over 9llbs and with a through string body. I say NBD, it actually arrived on Friday and I took it straight out to the gig I played that evening. Definitely a very nice Jazz and one that adds to what is a nice and varied collection.

J.thumb.jpg.46b18435e89188705cab9486805fb679.jpg