Why become a member? ×

Does anyone have a Steinberger Spirit XT?

Chiliwailer

On 15/07/2024 at 19:25, Raslee said:

Anyone got any strap hooks for sale ? 

I have one of my early designs left (not much different to the later ones) that you can have.  You might have to file a little bit to make it fit over the existing strap button, but it's easily done.  It is the same length as the later ones so should balance the bass well.

Frank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, machinehead said:

I have one of my early designs left (not much different to the later ones) that you can have.  You might have to file a little bit to make it fit over the existing strap button, but it's easily done.  It is the same length as the later ones so should balance the bass well.

Frank.

Oh wow, I’ll PM you 😊

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Anyway, just in case anyone finds this thread while considering getting an XT2...

Having bought online, received an ex-factory dud (fret level issues), then returned for repair via the retailer's local shop: I got the plank back in much better shape. Some fret levelling has apparently been done on it. It plays much better, though the action for me (a guitar player) feels a little high at around 3mm at 12th. But I'm also just not used to the tension in long scale basses ("my other bass is a shorty").

So, for anyone considering this guitar from a position of relative ignorance like me: go for it, but prepare for QC issues from factory. Consider ordering for delivery to a physical outlet and trying it out for issues. Yes, the ergonomics are a bit weird, but that's going to bother you less if you're not coming from basses with horns and waists. It sounds great to me, some people moan about low output, but I don't get that sense from DI'ing it. It seems to snap, pop and growl a bit according to how you set the pick up mix and tone.

Best things about it: you don't need a stand, you're not going to inadvertently clear your desk or break your engineer's nose with a swinging headstock. And it looks cool when it's insouciantly resting to the side of a rack of 80s synths.  

PXL_20240728_123452460.MP~3.jpg

• Like 4