Why become a member? ×

WEIRD FISH Tonight 15-11-08 Blyth NE area

warwickhunt

A new venture for me tonight, kicking off at The Flying Horse in Blyth.

A 3 piece acoustic rock thang with my drumming buddy Dave who has been in bands with me for the last 16 years and a great guitarist/singer Bernie who I grew up with as a nipper.

A wide spread of covers from the likes of Aerosmith, The Killers, Foo Fighters, Reef, Green Day, The Zutons and less 'rocky' stuff by Brandi Carlisle, Joe Jackson, Amy MacDonald, Crowded House etc.

Huge potential for hilarious f*ck-ups as we're trying to do stuff with a different feel whilst incorporating guitar loopers and Dave is tw*tting about with his drum sampler! Pop along, neck some ale and have a laugh with us... nothing too serious, after all it's only Rock and Roll.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='330617' date='Nov 17 2008, 01:04 PM']How'd it go?[/quote]

It was a good-un, thanks for asking. We got 3 gigs off the back of it (The Tavern, VIP Lounge and back at The Horse), so we couldn't have been that bad. :) A few fluffed looper changes and some of the BV/harmonies were a 'bit' off but no worse than bands that I've gigged with for years!

All in all, a great laugh and that's what it's all about. :huh: