Why become a member? ×

LakLand Duck Dunn. + Lakland G/bag. Excellent/Mint

eubassix

Lakland Duck Dunn in excellent/mint condition and comes in a really nice Lakland gig bag. Currently looks very classy as fitted with a mint green pickguard (but with the rather more stark original White pickguard included) and some very purple strings, which might not be to everyone's liking; but they do play/feel really good.
Probably the best & easiest playing 'P' bass I've ever used (the neck is much more J than P and the bass has a nice low, easy action. Also lighter weight).

For those who don't know the model, here's some bumph re. the instrument and the player:-

Duck Dunn Signature Skyline Model bass. This one retains the familiar body style but adds a thinner neck with block inlays and fingerboard binding. An instant classic! High-grade features include a hand wound split “P” pickup, ash body with flat-sawn maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets and fast-playing 34″ scale, Lakland Dual Design bridge, and Hipshot licensed tuners. Nut Width: 1.5″ Nut Type: Delrin Fret Size: .041/.085″ Width at Final Fret: 2.5″ 1st Fret Neck Depth: .77″ 12th Fret Neck Depth: .94″ Fingerboard Radius: 10″ Fingerboard Blocks and Binding. Scale Length: 34″ Frets: 20 Bridge String Spacing: .78″ Neck Wood: Flat-Sawn Maple Body wood(s): Ash Fingerboard: Rosewood Tuners: Hipshot Licensed Truss Rod Access: Neck Heel: 5/32″ Hex Pickguard: White Controls: Volume/Tone Bridge: Lakland Dual Design Pickups: Split-Coil Humbucker Duck Dunn’s grooving bass is part of a ’60s sound so distinctive that it is referred to as the “Stax Sound” to this day. He’s backed Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, and Albert King; he’s worked with everyone from Roy Buchanan to Bob Dylan, and Rod Stewart to Muddy Waters and Neil Young. With Booker T. and the M.G.s, Duck recorded bass parts so undeniably funky that they have influenced generations …. (etc.)

This came to me in a trade deal (previous BC owners): it's a very nice bass but I need to sell something(s) and this isn't going to be used, really.

£ SOLD which includes delivery by 24-hour Courier.

I do have more photos, if you PM your email address (as I don't want to add too many here)

Edited by eubassix

[quote name='eubassix' post='329819' date='Nov 15 2008, 08:01 PM']Lakland Duck Dunn in excellent/mint condition and comes in a really nice Lakland gig bag. Currently looks very classy as fitted with a mint green pickguard (but with the rather more stark original White pickguard included) and some very purple strings, which might not be to everyone's liking; but they do play/feel really good.
Probably the best & easiest playing 'P' bass I've ever used (the neck is much more J than P and the bass has a nice low, easy action. Also lighter weight).

For those who don't know the model, here's some bumph re. the instrument and the player:-

Duck Dunn Signature Skyline Model bass. This one retains the familiar body style but adds a thinner neck with block inlays and fingerboard binding. An instant classic! High-grade features include a hand wound split “P” pickup, ash body with flat-sawn maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets and fast-playing 34″ scale, Lakland Dual Design bridge, and Hipshot licensed tuners. Nut Width: 1.5″ Nut Type: Delrin Fret Size: .041/.085″ Width at Final Fret: 2.5″ 1st Fret Neck Depth: .77″ 12th Fret Neck Depth: .94″ Fingerboard Radius: 10″ Fingerboard Blocks and Binding. Scale Length: 34″ Frets: 20 Bridge String Spacing: .78″ Neck Wood: Flat-Sawn Maple Body wood(s): Ash Fingerboard: Rosewood Tuners: Hipshot Licensed Truss Rod Access: Neck Heel: 5/32″ Hex Pickguard: White Controls: Volume/Tone Bridge: Lakland Dual Design Pickups: Split-Coil Humbucker Duck Dunn’s grooving bass is part of a ’60s sound so distinctive that it is referred to as the “Stax Sound” to this day. He’s backed Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, and Albert King; he’s worked with everyone from Roy Buchanan to Bob Dylan, and Rod Stewart to Muddy Waters and Neil Young. With Booker T. and the M.G.s, Duck recorded bass parts so undeniably funky that they have influenced generations …. (etc.)

This came to me in a trade deal (previous BC owners): it's a very nice bass but I need to sell something(s) and this isn't going to be used, really.

£590 obo. which includes delivery by 24-hour Courier.

I do have more photos, if you PM your email address (as I don't want to add too many here)[/quote]

dont suppose you wana trade for a fender precision usa??