Why become a member? ×

Hello from Rodd

Rodd

Hi all,  

I have been playing bass 50+ years and still learning things, like discovering this great site and the wonders of OnSong as opposed to folders of lead sheets.

Mostly play covers, started in school with The Kinks 'All day and All of the night and still going. Have been in Jazz combos and dance bands in the meantime so can busk most things by ear, have to as I cannot sight read even after all this time 🙁

Have owned Gibson, Ibanez, Aria and Fender in the past but now have a Peavey 5string playing through either a Roland Bass Cube (battery powered and loud enough) or a or Laney Combo. For a bit more Oomph.  Other Rigs and Amps in the past have included Vox, Marshall, Acoustic, HH, Hartke, WeM and Trace Elliot,  Yes gearitis I know.

Now mostly retired and play with other Caravan and Motorhome friends when we meet up at Rallies around the UK in summer and Spain in winter.

Cheers

Rodd

Good evening, Rodd, and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Welcome Rodd...the decease is rife here...As Ped says, you'll feel right at home....

The disease 'GAS' is bad for one's health, perhaps, but mortal is a bit strong, I'd say. :|