Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Barefaced One10 Cab and cover
£310

obbm

Effectively brand new (used twice at rehearsal) Barefaced One10 and Barefaced cover.

Black Metal Grille version.

Original shipping box and all paperwork.

I have 2 of these for sale.

Consider trades involving Bergantino CN112, Vanderkley EXT112, Vanderkley 210MNT, Ampeg PF-112, Barefaced SuperMidget, Barefaced SuperCompact

Edited by obbm

Dave. I’m looking for a small cab for rehearsals only. Can I ask what your opinion of this cab is when used with a band in a rehearsal environment? Could it hold its own with a loud drummer (loud, but not powerful). Just the standard covers.

This cab was my first thought and I’ve not looked at anyirng else yet, but it looks like it should work. If it does it will be the first BF cab that has  

Dave, I decided to try and create a small rig for both rehearsals and gigs as we don't do many a year.  I was going to use my existing LMII.  I got my first BF One10 back in November and used it at a rehearsal and was very surprised how loud it was.  The rest of the band thought it was completely bonkers however having been used to 12-inch speakers I wasn't over enamoured with the tone.  Having read comments from other users that two were better than one I decided to get another and I used them both at our next rehearsal last Monday.  Certainly more than loud enough but I find the tone is not what I'm looking for.  I'm a bit old school really.  Maybe I should  contact Alex and see if he could do a deal for one of his 12-inch cabs as these are effectively brand new.  They just sat indoors in their covers unused from the end of November until last Monday.  BTW these were my first experience of BF and I have no quibble about the build quality.

13 minutes ago, obbm said:

Certainly more than loud enough but I find the tone is not what I'm looking for.  I'm a bit old school really. 

I thought these 10" series cabs were very "old school"?  I have a pair as well and love the thick tone but it's not modern to my ears.

The 12" series is louder and more full-range.  I like both.  I find the BB2 enough for almost all my gigs.

Dave, the one10 is loud for its size, and very deep.  A single one does me perfectly well for rehearsals and small pub gigs with a blues/rock band.  You can return it if it doesn't suit you.

Sorry for the thread derail OBBM, but have a bump anyway.

Frank.

Edited by machinehead

In my very humble opinion - type bump, I think they are more than capable of almost any jazz gig, or bands in pubs and small clubs - unless your drummer is building a shed and believes 'light & shade' is purely a visual concept, plus they are ideal for rehearsals, as long as your band doesn't annoyingly insists on rehearsing at 'stage' volume, 'every time' you run through a song - with the aforementioned animal on the skins :(:( - apologies to all drumming Meisters of course :):)!!

Cheers guys. Ive had a Retro 210, and a BB2,  and wasnt too keen on them, The BB2 was much more my thing compared to the 210 though. I found the low end too much with both, but the 210 sounded too wooly to me. I guess i was after something more full range, my fault for going for a ‘vintage’ cab. 

So I’m really after a full range, but small cab. Really only for small rehearsal rooms, never for a gig. Ive got my Vanderkley 1x15 for those. I’m not worried about deep, but i dont want to lose the top end. 

Dave. I think ill leave the BF for now, at least until I check out a few other options. Sorry to turn your thread in to a discussion. GLWTS. 

Just a quick update on this.  On Wednesday evening, in usual BC fashion, I met up with Stealth of this parish in a service area adjacent to the A303 and took delivery of an Ampeg PF500 and cab.  I've just tried the PF500 out with the pair of One10s and my problem seems to have been solved.  Loud, deep and punchy so maybe I just don't like the sound of Markbass amps.  I shall try this new arrangement at rehearsal on Monday.  I found that it all sounded much better with the cabs on top of a plastic bin about 24" off the ground so now I'm off to look for a suitable stand.  Any suggestions?