Why become a member? ×

SX Quilt top Blue Jazz. SOLD!!

andyonbass

I bought this off of NielB a few months ago, with a view to my daughter learning to play. However, the realisation that you have to actually make an effort, and to be fair, it is a bit big for her, means it has been standing idle most of the time, which is a shame, 'cos its a bloody nice sounding and easy playing instrument. I'm tempted to keep it for myself, but I know it still wont be getting used, as all my playing is done on 5ers these days. I've put a fender type decal on (see pics), because the original peeled off. Its in excellent condition with just a barely noticable scuff on the top edge.
Given the mods (see specs below) I reckon £150 plus packaging and shipping is a reasonable price.

Specs:

Photo quilt top in blue

Maple neck and board with white block markers, inset, not stick on.

White pearloid plate (original, so fits perfect)

Wizard 64 pups

Leo Quann Badass 2 bridge

Replacement GOTOH tuners

[attachment=16047:DSCF0012.JPG] [attachment=16048:DSCF0008.JPG] [attachment=16050:DSCF0010.JPG]

Edited by andyonbass

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='330294' date='Nov 16 2008, 09:44 PM']I used to have one of those Yamaha DD65s. Great fun! Not so good to learn on though.

BTW What's "Photo quilt top" mean? Is is not the real wood grain?[/quote]

MB1. :)
Its like a photograph thats lacquered over...... the cheaper Peavey cirrus basses employ the same technique for the tigers eye effect.

[quote name='MB1' post='330297' date='Nov 16 2008, 09:50 PM']MB1. :huh:
Its like a photograph thats lacquered over...... the cheaper Peavey cirrus basses employ the same technique for the tigers eye effect.[/quote]
Ah right. Isn't technology wunnerful? I'm sure this will be snapped up in no time. :)

[quote name='paul h' post='330420' date='Nov 17 2008, 07:31 AM']Somebody buy this. It would have been a great bass when stock, and Neil's choice of mods was excellent.

Complete and utter bargain.

P.[/quote]
the Wizard pickups and Badass bridge alone are worth about the total cost of the bass! A steal

[quote name='the_house123' post='331515' date='Nov 18 2008, 03:10 PM']Ahh dammit, if I hadn't bought new shoes the other day, I would have taken this with an instant!!! Bloody shoes.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Stepped upon the platform,the man gave me the news! he said "you must be joking son!,where did you get those shoes?" :huh:
.....Pretzel Logic!.... Steely BUMP!.

Bass or Shoes?.....Bass or Shoes?......Bass or Shoes???????????? :huh:

Edited by MB1