Why become a member? ×

Dual bass gigbags

TRBboy

2 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Thomann list that Gator double bag as weighing 4.8kg... O.o 

That's heavier than a lot of basses!

Yeah it’s a good case but it’s pretty huge. The Gator dual and the Mono dual were hanging up on a wall in Bass Direct last time I visited, so I decided to take a photo to compare their thickness. Gator on the left, Mono on the right - See below.

D24A4E23-D22B-4E53-B3A6-913C7F464793.thumb.jpeg.ea8f11c4ecdc6035a0effcc9ece06462.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

wow, quite a difference! I think the MTD one looks like quite a good bet. Decent price and not too bulky. 

I was surprised by the difference too. I adore the MTD, just don’t expect to be slinging into the back of tour vans full of other gear etc...but if you’re gonna be travelling with your basses by car, bus or train and carrying/wearing it most of the time it’ll be absolutely fine. It blows most other “gig bags” away as far as build quality.

• Like 1

Just checked them out, they do look pretty decent but the Fusion looks more like what I need with the internal suspension noodle and all that.  Means I can keep pedals or whatever in the other side if I'm not with two guitars.

If any other potentials are considering, worth a look.
https://www.fusion-bags.com/collections/guitar-gig-bags/products/fg-double-electric-bass-guitar-gig-bag

• 6 years later...
On 05/02/2018 at 14:25, Lozz196 said:

I had one, can`t remember which make, was great, took two Precisions comfortably, neither could rattle against the other as two nicely separated compartments. Was a really decent bag, very strong & durable. But...............

I was just too weedy to carry it. Great idea, for the fit & strong. For me, a case in each hand works better.

An update to this, as I now play short scale I have a Mono M80 Dual Guitar which fits 2 Fender Mustangs nice & snug. As both the Mustangs and the Mono are a fair bit lighter & smaller than the above I find it workable for gigging. Still wouldn’t want to be carting it about on a weekly basis tho.

• Like 1

I know this is a really old thread but thought it was worth asking…

Has anyone tried the Reunion Blues Continental Voyager dual bass bag? Any comparisons with the Mono M80 dual bag regarding relative weight, size etc? Not looking for an every day bag, but in certain situations where I need to lug two electrics plus an upright/small amp on the tube I’m after possible solutions. Two electric gigbags is usually enough to throw the balance off…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simonlittle said:

I know this is a really old thread but thought it was worth asking…

Has anyone tried the Reunion Blues Continental Voyager dual bass bag? Any comparisons with the Mono M80 dual bag regarding relative weight, size etc? Not looking for an every day bag, but in certain situations where I need to lug two electrics plus an upright/small amp on the tube I’m after possible solutions. Two electric gigbags is usually enough to throw the balance off…

Hey Simon

I had this dilemma... From the research I did, it turned out hard to get the reunion blues dual bass case (in Europe) but it looks like the best one... I ended up buying the mono one and, being that it's also more expensive I find it to be the not quite good enough choice... It's true I haven't seen or tried the RB one but the mono one is disappointing... I have the single vertigo and I find that more convincing... That said I put it in the hold a few days ago and it all went ok... I think they have the dual RB at Anderson's tho

Edited by DDR
  • Thanks 1

@DDRDave! Fancy seeing you here! Hope you’re well mate. Loooong time no see…

Looks like the RB bags are pretty easy to get now. Not sure I’ll ever be brave enough to stick a bass in the hold in a gigbag though. Big respect to you for going for it. Maybe one of these posh bags will convince me too. 
Have you carted about two basses a lot? What’s the weight like in the Mono?

• Like 1

I've been looking for a dual and since I bought a bass that came with a case by Music Area (who I had never heard about before) led me to be looking at this: https://musicarea.com/products/aa31-dual-electric-bass-case which I like the look of and features. Anyone happen to have tried one of these?

Edited by Mikey D
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mikey D said:

I've been looking for a dual and since I bought a bass that came with a case by Music Area (who I had never heard about before) led me to be looking at this: https://musicarea.com/products/aa31-dual-electric-bass-case which I like the look of and features. Anyone happen to have tried one of these?

I’ve not heard of these before but I’m quite into the addition of the wheels… 🤔

I have Gator one.

With two basses it is heavy and not very comfortable. I wouldn't take a bus route with two basses. With G&L and P-bass I've managed to tear off the handle.

With one or two basses with angled headstocks it's troublesome to fit them safely enough (for me)

• Sad 1

On 05/02/2018 at 14:15, therealting said:

I use Mono M80 double bags for 90% of my bass and electric gigs. I was lucky to get them secondhand when they were a lot cheaper than they are now, but they are absolutely excellent and still both in great condition after hundreds of gigs each. 

£280 is certainly not cheap, but I typically have at least £5k worth of instrument in them at any time (either my Dingwall Super P and Super J, or my Sadowsky and 1963 Strats). I won’t skimp out on protection for my babies. 

I have one also and quite often carry my two Wal 5 strings in it. It is handy but bloody hard to lug around 🫤😂

• Like 1

I used to own a Rockbag dual bag. It was cumbersome and FRAGILE, as in seams breaking. Good padding tho'. Only recently I've relapsed, got a Gear4Music house brand dual bag. Marginally less cumbersome, more solid all around, as good a padding (yet stiffer/more structurally fit) and 80 something € + shipping. This was 3 years ago. For around the same dough there's a light Gator bag (4G series, cheapest dual they offer for bass) which is what I'd get now (might get it and sell mine). Still, I have yet to see a dual bass gig bag that's "comfortable" to backpack around for more than 15min. No surprise, you're carrying 2 bass guitars.

Dual bags are only practical if you have decent cargo space when gigging. I even have sort of a fixation about carrying as few pieces of luggage as possible. But in cramped/small vans it's better to separate basses in 2 regular bags, for Tetris' flexibility. Lately I'm taking an Ibanez EHB to gigs as my multi purpose backup bass, takes up less space than guitars, so it's a no brainer, and the dual bag stays home.

Edited by andruca
  • Like 1

I have both the single and the dual Mono M80, there’s not that much difference between the two in depth. It really is a lot easier to shift about than the other make I had - which going by the pics at the top of this page I’d think was the Gator. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I will say about the Fusion is that while it's extremely robust with a lot of padding, my standard 4-string Jazz Bass appears only just to fit with most of the padding removed. Precision and Stingray are both fine, just seems that the offset body shape has thrown the bag a curve ball that puts the headstock very close to end end of the bag and relatively unprotected by comparison with the level of protection in other parts of the bag. I'm pretty sure there would be a wide variety of basses that would not fit. 

https://www.fusion-bags.com/collections/guitar-and-bass-gig-bags/products/fg-double-electric-bass-guitar-gig-bag

• Like 1

On 23/09/2024 at 19:08, simonlittle said:

@DDRDave! Fancy seeing you here! Hope you’re well mate. Loooong time no see…

Looks like the RB bags are pretty easy to get now. Not sure I’ll ever be brave enough to stick a bass in the hold in a gigbag though. Big respect to you for going for it. Maybe one of these posh bags will convince me too. 
Have you carted about two basses a lot? What’s the weight like in the Mono?

Hey man, yess long time! Yeah I was a bit worried bout the hold but my reverend made it to Morocco unharmed... It was just very very very cold when we went to get the special luggage.... I actually used the second compartment for my clothes this time rather than for another bass 😃

Compared to the single mono case I have the padding of the dual is considerably less thick and solid... I found this unimpressive.

Obviously it's gonna be heavy with two basses but I don't think you're gonna find a solution that's safe and really really light for the two... Wheels will help but only if you never have to shoulder it otherwise it's just more weight!

• Like 1