Why become a member? ×

DHA into....

karlbbb

I've just ordered myself a DHA VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive, and was just wondering how everyone else hooked theirs up to an amp?

I feel the most logical solution would be to plug straight into the FX return/power amp in of the Peavey TKO115 I'm using at the moment, and just wondered if everyone else did this? Or does anyone else plug into the normal input of the amp and have a flat EQ, or perhaps run straight into a power amp (Is the DHA capable of driving a power amp, if so, that certainly makes a bigger rig in the future a lot easier?)?

Cheers,
Karl.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='330921' date='Nov 17 2008, 07:16 PM']isn't plugging the dha into the effects return effectivly the same as running straight into a power amp?[/quote]

D'oh! Yes it is! I blame the lack of food... :)

I'm just thinking in terms of getting a bigger rig together, and was hoping to be able to just buy a power amp (Behringer/Peavey) and get a 410 cab etc, and run straight from the DHA to a power amp.

[quote name='karlbbb' post='330932' date='Nov 17 2008, 07:27 PM']D'oh! Yes it is! I blame the lack of food... :)

I'm just thinking in terms of getting a bigger rig together, and was hoping to be able to just buy a power amp (Behringer/Peavey) and get a 410 cab etc, and run straight from the DHA to a power amp.[/quote]

The DI is designed to drive a power amp but the normal instrument out will as well but you may need to have the boost on.

Dave

I don't know about this pedal, but I would imagine that you would appreciate some form of EQ after the pedal, so if your amp has that I would use it.

Of course it might turn out that the sound coming straight out of the pedal is exactly what you're after.

[quote name='umph' post='331206' date='Nov 18 2008, 02:16 AM']not really.[/quote]

Can you explain why not? Not doubting, just curious.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='332075' date='Nov 19 2008, 08:50 AM']I thought the same as you Kev, but having said that, my amp does have a loop, as well as a preamp out and poweramp input. You wouldn't have both if there was no difference at all?[/quote]

The Peavey TKO I'm using is the same, and using either of them doesn't let me use the master volume as a control (volume depends entirely on the output from whatever is going into the poweramp)

[quote name='karlbbb' post='332618' date='Nov 19 2008, 08:42 PM']The Peavey TKO I'm using is the same, and using either of them doesn't let me use the master volume as a control (volume depends entirely on the output from whatever is going into the poweramp)[/quote]

Yeh, mine's the same. Weird!!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='332005' date='Nov 18 2008, 11:46 PM']explain the differences?? as far as im aware, the 'signal chain' in an amp head is preamp > effects loop > poweramp

correct me if im wrong[/quote]
depends on the amp some would work as you suggest though. some run the effects loop in parallel with the pre amp so the send comes from after the input buffer.

[quote name='umph' post='333236' date='Nov 20 2008, 04:42 PM']depends on the amp some would work as you suggest though. some run the effects loop in parallel with the pre amp so the send comes from after the input buffer.[/quote]

Ahhh, OK, that's probably what my peavey's like, but I could use the power amp input for the other method.