Why become a member? ×

T Bone IEM 75 power supply question

Paul S

I use a T Bone IEM 75 for my IEMs and find it good enough for my purposes.  However I find myself becoming increasingly irritated by the supplied power supply - rather than a UK plug it had a Euro plug plus adaptor, which is bulky and inconvenient.  Also the lead itself isn't very long.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

The specs according to the handbook are 12V @300mA but i don't really understand what this means.  Assuming I keep with those values are these things interchangeable so I can buy some sort of generic power supply?  And can a short lead simply be extended?

Muchas gracias

Paul 

Hi Paul, as long as the voltage (12V) is the same, and the output is the same i.e. AC current or DC current, and the current rating of the replacement PSU is the same or greater than 300mA, you should be fine.  The other thing to check would be the connector - obviously that it is the same type/size as your unit, but also that the polarity is the same, - for example - positive goes to tip, negative to ring (I haven't looked up your unit, this is just an example).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The above is spot on advice - also abcproducts are nice for replacement PSUs. They are offer the inline transformers (so like a laptop power supply as opposed to the clunky adapters that plug directly into a socket). I use them in my racks (don't know if you are racking or not)

• Thanks 1

Indeed it will. The only issue you can get with DC barrels is that they can be slightly loose. You can get around this by slightly (very very very gently!!) deforming them so they aren't quite circular. That will stiffen up the contact. I've only had two or three connectors like that but this little hack can solve some frustrations.

• Thanks 1