Why become a member? ×

Bad gas.... trigger pulled

Guest aDx

Well I have a bass which I love and sounds amazing!  But... decided to get a project bass. Purely for something to do of course.   Lol. 

There... I have admitted it!  

If anyone is at all interested I might tell.   

promise you wont laugh!

Harley Benton PB-50

seen it done on here...  head cut,  tint neck, remove scratchplate.....   destroy the finish!   lol

Love the tele bass (had a pink fender one years ago!!  worth a fortune now!)

and.... its long scale!!!   eek! 

current bass is jaguar short scale ... so good!!  with Markbass setup

Nothing to laugh at! Good solid basses. Chunky neck (and I mean CHUNKY!) but feels nice. Sounds spot on, but I'd change the electrics. Pickup was great (Wilkinson), but they've changed them now - reports are the Roswell ones are good too. Only issue I really had was the tuners felt like cheap rubbish, but if I'd known how big a hassle it was going to be fitting wilkinsons with the rubbish file I had to hand I would have stuck with the originals I think (tuner baseplate is a few mm too big)! Possibly just needed liberal application of lube to make the standard ones feel nicer...

@discreet should be on commision from Thomann he's sold so many with his refurb pics!

Edited by Bigwan

1 hour ago, Bigwan said:

...if I'd known how big a hassle it was going to be fitting wilkinsons with the rubbish file I had to hand I would have stuck with the originals I think (tuner baseplate is a few mm too big)!

I managed to get mine on without filing them. It is a very close fit though, admittedly...

20180301_110013.jpg

Edited by discreet

8 minutes ago, discreet said:

I managed to get mine on without filing them. It is a very close fit though, admittedly...

20180301_110013.jpg

No way I could have done that! Had to take at least a mm off the ones I fitted. It wouldn't put me off doing it again (have already been eyeing up the Thomann site today, but I'm in clearout mode and need to sell a few things to make some space and pay off recent acquisitions... and there's a Fiesta Red version due into Thomann end of the month so I'd like to see pics of that!) but I'd be better prepared next time... DREMEL!!!

Edited by Bigwan

1 minute ago, Bigwan said:

No way I could have done that! Had to take at least a mm off the ones I fitted. It wouldn't put me off doing it again (have already been eyeing up the Thomann site today) but I'd be better prepared next time... DREMEL!!!

It took time. I got them roughly in place then gradually massaged them into position while slowly tightening the screws over a day or two. Maybe my headstock was very slightly bigger and my Wilkinsons very slightly smaller! :)

• Thanks 1