Why become a member? ×

Hi and HELP! Tokai TB48 Thunderbird

Paulws1953

Hi everyone.

I'm more of a technician than a player, unless you count a brief spell with a band in 1968! Best forgotten.

I work on all guitars but I usually buy cheap guitars of known good build and work on them so they play like a pro model. Then I sell them through teachers, etc to kids starting out. For example. A Squier Affinity which is now full USA standard electrically, fitted with Ironstone pickups and properly set up is going for under £200. It owes me £140 and 16 hours work, so I'm not exactly profiteering! I just like the idea of a kid picking up a proper guitar and just maybe sustaining an interest.

Anyway, the Tokai. It's a white TB48 Korean built Thunderbird. Very nice bass. I've stripped it and can't find any dating evidence anywhere. Nothing on the pickups except Neck and Bridge with BHK on a circular white label. Unusual, because Tokai guitar dating is usually really straightforward.

Any thoughts gratefully received. 

Edited by Paulws1953
Spelling mistake

Welcome Paul.

There are many knowledgeable folk here.  One who I've recently seen answer a similar type of question is @Bassassin.

He'll be aware of your query now that I've invoked the site paging system by putting the ampersand in front of his screen name.  Any images you can supply would help.