Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic clip on tuner.

bubinga5

As far as I’m aware there’s only the Polytune clip and the Unitune clip. The Unitune is cheaper as it doesn’t have the ability to detect the pitch of multiple strings at the same time - a feature which is pretty much useless for bassists anyway IMO.

I have the Polytune clip (bought about 3 years ago when it was the only clip model TC made) and find it to be both sturdy and reliable.

The tuners come in either black or white, which may be adding to your confusion!

• Like 1

I've got both a Polytune and a Unitune.

Bought the Poly years ago for a good price, but it's tendency to 'lose' the E string & drop into polytune mode became annoying. Picked up a Unitune last year, it's quick and accurate, and doesn't lose the E string.

8 hours ago, Skybone said:

I've got both a Polytune and a Unitune.

Bought the Poly years ago for a good price, but it's tendency to 'lose' the E string & drop into polytune mode became annoying. Picked up a Unitune last year, it's quick and accurate, and doesn't lose the E string.

+1, although I did not have the isse with lost E on my poly. But for bassists the Uni is more than fine and costs less.

It should be noted, however, that when I bought the Polytune clip it was the same price as the Unitune is now being sold for. I’m sure we can all work out the reasons for this. I’ll give you a clue: it rhymes with Brexit.

• Sad 1