Why become a member? ×

Marbass STD 104HF - opinions/experience?

TRBboy

Hi folks! 

Currently considering going back to a 4x10 from my current 2x12, and just wondered if anyone here had any experiences to share regarding the Markbass STD 104HF? I've had positive experiences with Markbass gear in the past (CMD102p + TRV115), but never this particular cab. It looks to tick all the boxes for me, but I'd be grateful for any real world experiences. 

Any help appreciated, cheers! 

I used to have a 4 ohm STD104HF which I used with either a LM3, SA450 or TA503 head. It was absolutely the best cab for larger or outside venues. Too big physically for my latest car and small pubs so it had to go. I don't know if the current version is as good as my earlier version loaded with B&C speakers. At £400 for secondhand it's a brilliant 410.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

I used to have a 4 ohm STD104HF which I used with either a LM3, SA450 or TA503 head. It was absolutely the best cab for larger or outside venues. Too big physically for my latest car and small pubs so it had to go. I don't know if the current version is as good as my earlier version loaded with B&C speakers. At £400 for secondhand it's a brilliant 410.

Thanks Mark! It's one of the Italian made ones I'm looking at, and the way you've described it is exactly what I'm looking for! Is it really that big though? Need to check the specs again!

You're welcome. Although it's very lightweight for a 410 cab having slot ports at both front top and bottom makes it fairly tall and it's quite deep too. But those dimensions allow it to go deep as well as very loud. I'd recommend that you get a 4 ohm version if possible as you can utilise your amplifier's full output as I can't imagine needing to add another cab. It's that loud with a genuine 500 watt head.

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 2