Why become a member? ×

Useful Rehearsal Tool

stewblack

I've had a dep slot come in for this weekend and need to learn a few and brush up on a few. Was reacquainting myself  with the final  chorus of Footloose and  kept tripping over a few bars. So reverting to first principles I thought 'slow it right down, play to a metronome, gradually speed it up'. As youtube  was open I decided to use a drum beat on there and found this wonderful vid. Not having any Apple products about the place I can't try the app itself but frankly this is plenty good enough for me. Just >> to a suitable starting tempo and let it run. The imperceptible increase is just great for getting up to and beyond the speed you need.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

Assuming that you had that ability in the first place. 9_9

When I first started playing music (Melodeon) I bought a metronome(mechanical in those days) to practice keeping a steady time (playing for dancing so fairly important).

To start with I was, in all seriousness, totally convinced that the metronome was slowing down. I'd stop mid tune to wind it up (I know that that doesn't actually affect the speed), and more than once considered taking tack to the shop for a refund.

• Haha 2