Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

On 08/05/2024 at 16:07, Paulhauser said:

I have to love how the Japaneese always getting some extra limited run / one off Czech Spectors like this one 

Spector Euro 5 RST PJ with darkglass preamp

image.thumb.png.406a1be16a928563910ae1699090904e.png

Also in 4 string version

image.thumb.png.167e8c22cb0e66013a29c2422f90c45c.png

Those are absolutely beautiful. With an EMG, Haz or Tonepump I can imagine they'd be pretty heavenly sounding. 

• 2 weeks later...

Loaded question on the Tonepump.

Anyone adjusted theirs down?  Odd one, maybe my ears are changing, but I've been happy with the Euro-X for the last year or so, just put some new strings on (Elixir Nanowebs) and it sounds quite harsh.  Never really experienced such a tone change.

Took a look in the control cavity, rolled the Tonepump right back and reintroduced it a little.  All good.  Was really surprised at how hot it was when ramped up to full.  Just nasty.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Loaded question on the Tonepump.

Anyone adjusted theirs down?  Odd one, maybe my ears are changing, but I've been happy with the Euro-X for the last year or so, just put some new strings on (Elixir Nanowebs) and it sounds quite harsh.  Never really experienced such a tone change.

Took a look in the control cavity, rolled the Tonepump right back and reintroduced it a little.  All good.  Was really surprised at how hot it was when ramped up to full.  Just nasty.

Oh yeah, it was the first thing I done when I got my Euro 4LX!

All from sage advice on here as well.

With apologies to my neighbours, I've had what could be classified as a good ol' noodle this morning; I've been inside the control cavity, rolled the Tonepump right down and done a few 1/8th turns on the trim pot and have hit paydirt.

It works brilliantly with the AO900, the DI-2112, dUg and the BDDI.  I'm asking myself why I haven't been in there and done this previously.  It just seems to be a fine line between nothing, sweet spot and unusable mush.

It was kind of odd, I know different cabs have different characteristics, but with all the three I have, there was this somewhat unpleasant thing that sounded like something was loose/rattling.  That's disappeared now, thank god.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dood said:

Expect a review of the new  Haunted Moss 4 LX  neckthru soon….. 😉

Looking forward to it.

I know the finishes on the CST have been... disappointing, but the pictures I've seen of the new LX finishes look sweet!

Edited by BassApprentice
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The one that got away….. and finally back. A 2000 pre LX Euro 5 in rare emerald green color that I had imported from the USA in 2006 and sold ohh so foolishly in 2009. I was quitting playing bass but soon realized I’d better off mentally if I keep playing music anyways. Having kept a good correspondence with the owner and then one after him I was able to finally buy her back last weekend. (With both previous owners being present and happy as things coming full circle- both of them play Spectors btw 😀

A surreal experience indeed to say the least and it’s as great a bass as I remembered and even more so. 

But enough of this rambling let’s have some pics. The one with the dragons I took in 2008ish and the others are current.

A happy fellow I am for sure

Jade.thumb.jpg.8a2e4333cf75d7b38a75eda312efe245.jpg

IMG_0101.thumb.jpeg.9699909500acb051e56f061fec19e959.jpegIMG_0112.thumb.jpeg.c96b73860270859af9f9f462fc34273b.jpeg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Well.. not that rare :)

IMG_3058.jpeg

Rare, but due to retailers and manufacturers finding green the hardest colour to shift. Sad, as I think it can look great, as it does for these two, but guitarists (of all string numbers) are a very conservative lot, with black, white and sunburst outselling everything else.

Quick Q, is the RST 4 string the lightest Spector? I see Bass Bros have one at 6.4lbs and that weight is very appealing. Thing is i think i prefer the P/J configuration...i'm likely to be shopping for something ideally under 7.5lbs over the coming weeks post holidays.

3 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Rare, but due to retailers and manufacturers finding green the hardest colour to shift. Sad, as I think it can look great, as it does for these two, but guitarists (of all string numbers) are a very conservative lot, with black, white and sunburst outselling everything else.

Yes l seem to remember this period was the only one when emerald green was offered in the Euro line, and maybe slower sales were the reason not ever bringing it back apart from some artist one offs. 

9 hours ago, Raslee said:

Quick Q, is the RST 4 string the lightest Spector? I see Bass Bros have one at 6.4lbs and that weight is very appealing. Thing is i think i prefer the P/J configuration...i'm likely to be shopping for something ideally under 7.5lbs over the coming weeks post holidays.

To my knowledge, yes, they are. There might have been a few US Spectors in the past labelled as "Helium" with light woods and hardware but they are few and far between so for the Euro line the RSTs are the lightest. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

Have any of you good people dabbled with the LHZ-03 HazLabs Preamp Clone as a replacement for the Tone Pump Jnr?  I'm contemplating updating my Pulse II with such a thing, but would like the opinion of the BC collective before jumping.

They are selling them at Bass DIrect:  https://www.bassdirect.co.uk/product/lhz-03-hazlabs-preamp-clone/

I fitted an LHZ in my CRFM euro about 4 months ago, it replaced an EMG BTS and I prefer the LHZ though the BTS was fine. I happened to get my first US NS-2 with a HAZ a few weeks ago and the character of the saturation seems identical to the LHZ, though the NS-2 / HAZ seems to have a higher output volume.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1