Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

Frank-Bello_Spector-002-925x1024.jpg.b3fe5ba673e40d7f0eba814422f83372.jpg

Let's see what they'll come up with. Looking forward to it!

From BassMagazine:

https://bassmagazine.com/spector-welcomes-frank-bello-of-anthrax-to-their-family-of-artists/ 

"Spector® welcomes Anthrax bass legend, Frank Bello to its artist roster. Anthrax is one of the most influential thrash metal bands of all time and Bello’s brutal bass riffs have been the driving force behind that success for forty years. 

Spector is currently developing the Frank Bello signature bass and it will be released in 2025. In the meantime, Frank will be exclusively playing Spector basses for rehearsals, recording, and on the upcoming European tour this November during Anthrax’s co-headlining tour with German thrash titans Kreator with Bay Area thrashers, Testament. 

“I am so psyched to join the Spector family- a place that already feels like home for me! The great people at Spector listened and contributed to every last detail that I was looking for in a bass- and I am truly so excited for everybody to see what we’ve come up with. It was great to have the opportunity to bring some Spector basses on tour to give them a test run, and I can honestly say- they checked all the boxes, and then some… Good times ahead, my friends- Let’s do this!! “Stated Bello.

As Taylor McLam, Spector’s Artist Relations says, “We are honored to welcome Frank Bello into the Spector family. Having a NYC thrash metal legend like Frank playing a legendary NYC brand like Spector is truly a match made in heaven—or should I say, hell?” 

There will be much, much more coming from this monster metal alliance. Spector continues to be the bass that touring musicians love to play. Check out www.spectorbass.com for up-to-the-minute updates on this and all things Spector."

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, woolf said:

I like the idea of a BadAss bridge. Nice. That price though……..

3 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Frank-Bello_Spector-002-925x1024.jpg.b3fe5ba673e40d7f0eba814422f83372.jpg

Let's see what they'll come up with. Looking forward to it!

From BassMagazine:

https://bassmagazine.com/spector-welcomes-frank-bello-of-anthrax-to-their-family-of-artists/ 

"Spector® welcomes Anthrax bass legend, Frank Bello to its artist roster. Anthrax is one of the most influential thrash metal bands of all time and Bello’s brutal bass riffs have been the driving force behind that success for forty years. 

Spector is currently developing the Frank Bello signature bass and it will be released in 2025. In the meantime, Frank will be exclusively playing Spector basses for rehearsals, recording, and on the upcoming European tour this November during Anthrax’s co-headlining tour with German thrash titans Kreator with Bay Area thrashers, Testament. 

“I am so psyched to join the Spector family- a place that already feels like home for me! The great people at Spector listened and contributed to every last detail that I was looking for in a bass- and I am truly so excited for everybody to see what we’ve come up with. It was great to have the opportunity to bring some Spector basses on tour to give them a test run, and I can honestly say- they checked all the boxes, and then some… Good times ahead, my friends- Let’s do this!! “Stated Bello.

As Taylor McLam, Spector’s Artist Relations says, “We are honored to welcome Frank Bello into the Spector family. Having a NYC thrash metal legend like Frank playing a legendary NYC brand like Spector is truly a match made in heaven—or should I say, hell?” 

There will be much, much more coming from this monster metal alliance. Spector continues to be the bass that touring musicians love to play. Check out www.spectorbass.com for up-to-the-minute updates on this and all things Spector."

What do we reckon, 4 years? 5?

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

What do we reckon, 4 years? 5?

Charvel launched his signature bass in September 2022, so, I guess, it will be 2 years before he switches again, probably to Warwick next 😉 

https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2022/09/30/charvel-custom-shop-introduces-frank-bello-signature-bass/

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, woolf said:

Ian likes the Antigua finish. He has a 78 Fender and Olinto made him one in Goldtigua. 

Not my cup of tea, to be honest. I used to have Spectors with fancy tops, solid highly figured maple wings, natural, walnut etc. However, my actual favs are the solid colours: black and white! Probably because of Eddie Jackson and Mike Starr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattbass6 said:

A really good watch. I do think Ian Martin Allison is amazing.

Yes, cool video and Ian is an Empire guy, but I would have preferred a track from Operation Mindcrime.

Fortunately, there is this cool headless guy on YT 😁 who delivers a fab cover of one of my fav Queensryche songs, which is perfect for Valentine's Day.

BTW, great Kramer era black NS-2 that would go so well with my white Mike Starr bass *wink* *wink*  😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Yes, cool video and Ian is an Empire guy, but I would have preferred a track from Operation Mindcrime.

Fortunately, there is this cool headless guy on YT 😁 who delivers a fab cover of one of my fav Queensryche songs, which is perfect for Valentine's Day.

BTW, great Kramer era black NS-2 that would go so well with my white Mike Starr bass *wink* *wink*  😜

Who COULD that be?! He's VERY good..... and has such great tone! 😉🥰🤣

• Haha 2

Need some help please Spectorites - What do you guys do for d-tuners on the newer (2021+) Spector Euro’s? I’ve recently bought an RST and was thinking about the Hipshot GB7 detuner/xtender but I think the peg (shaft bit), is thicker on my Spector tuner, and also the tuner heads are different patterns - are they interchangeable as again they look different? The tuners are Gotoh’s on my RST. TIA. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Raslee said:

Need some help please Spectorites - What do you guys do for d-tuners on the newer (2021+) Spector Euro’s? I’ve recently bought an RST and was thinking about the Hipshot GB7 detuner/xtender but I think the peg (shaft bit), is thicker on my Spector tuner, and also the tuner heads are different patterns - are they interchangeable as again they look different? The tuners are Gotoh’s on my RST. TIA. 

I may stand corrected but to my knowledge the tuners are interchangeable. The shaft on the GB7 has 11mm diameter but comes with a bushing that has 14mm diameter, in theory that should be a drop in replacement but probably the only way to be 100% sure is to nuke the site from orbit  to take of the peg and measure the hole diameter in the headstock. 

• Thanks 1