Why become a member? ×

One of those NBD threads...

LukeFRC

So I wasn’t going to do this ‘cos, well since the little one came along I’ve not been playing much... 

so I had a lovely very nice JD Thumb bass, sounded amazing, massive bottom end, piano like tone, played lovely my dream bass since I started playing as a teenager... except after 4 years I still didn’t click with it... something about my playing style and right hand technique meant I couldn’t gell with it - and I tried. 

So the first basschat bass deal I ever did about ten years back was when I convinced @warwickhunt to sell me a streamer stage one ...   we’ve bought sold and traded a few things from each other over the years and this time a conversation turned into a drive an exchange of cases... 

so the little one has been cutting back on my practice time, and normally the way I can tell I’ve not got the strength with my little finger on the left hand... I just picked up the bass and played something and wasn’t thinking but was using my out of practice left hand ... the neck just fits my hand and the bass just plays itself - bloomin amazing instrument :) 

need to get practicing now :)

obligatory photo, new bass on left 

2BD7EDB0-D77D-42DD-A610-7B34D3458BA6.jpeg

F7EF38A0-0E8C-4C53-ACB7-5AAB5E99D4DB.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gareth said:

Good to see you've still got the L1000!

I love the L1000 - It’s utterly amazing and can do by far the best precision tone I’ve heard. It made me realise that as much as I loved thru neck active Warwick’s and the like a nice passive bolt on bass is a joy sometimes