Why become a member? ×

Here is an interesting book.

Owen

https://issuu.com/janberendsen/docs/british_bassmakers

Edited by owen
I edited this because I have fat thumbs as well as poor eyesight without my reading glasses. Honestly, I only put it up here as an aside as I found it whilst romping through the internet looking for info on a luthier for a project instrument I am buying.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Is it just me or is the Issuu interface really terrible?

The pages are so small that the text is unreadable even at full-screen on a typical laptop or tablet, without zooming in and then having to scroll around. They massive area reserved for ads at the bottom of the screen doesn't help when there is already plenty of dead space at the sides. Also what's with the stupid page turning animation? It's not a real magazine. It's time that ePublishers stopped pretending they are producing physical product and started designing to the strengths of the medium they are using for their delivery.

It also doesn't help that there are several factual errors in the descriptions of the basses I am familiar with, plus I wonder if the author actually asked for permission to reproduce any of the photographs?