Why become a member? ×

Pod XT - GTR vs Bass differences??

Jamesemt

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='341628' date='Dec 1 2008, 07:46 AM']I've got a guitar pod XT and was wondering if I'd be better off with the bass version.

Are there many differences? I've seen that I can buy the bass expansion pack for my guitar version, is it worth buying?[/quote]

The guitar version is stereo and it can be upgraded with expansion packs.

If I remember correctly, the bass version splits the signal for bi-amp but it cannot operate in stereo.

[quote name='fretmeister' post='368534' date='Jan 2 2009, 03:22 PM']Some guys I know use the guitar version with the bass pack.

The only thing I'm not sure about - will it let you mix the DI sound with the processed one?

Of all the non-bass-itself gear I regret selling it was a Bass Pod XT Pro. I shall have another.[/quote]

Is the bass pack worth buying? Can you find out what your mates think to it?

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='368818' date='Jan 2 2009, 08:24 PM']The guitar version is stereo and it can be upgraded with expansion packs.

If I remember correctly, the bass version splits the signal for bi-amp but it cannot operate in stereo.[/quote]

Right so if I have a mono sound I can send the signal to two different amps?? Guess that's pretty similar.

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='368893' date='Jan 2 2009, 10:00 PM']Right so if I have a mono sound I can send the signal to two different amps?? Guess that's pretty similar.[/quote]

It operates differently. With bi-amp, sound above a certain frequency are send to the "high-freq." output, below the same frequency to the "low-freq." output. This is used to amplify separately two speakers (or speaker systems).

In stereo, usually, the two outputs contain, as an average, the same frequency distribution but different content (e.g. chorus effects).

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='368891' date='Jan 2 2009, 09:58 PM']Is the bass pack worth buying? Can you find out what your mates think to it?[/quote]

I used to have a PODxt + bass pack. In my opinion is an interesting upgrade. In practice, it adds a PODxt-bass to the PODxt.

I prefer the PODxt+bass pack to the PODxt-bass. With the PODxt+bass pack you get true stereo and it sounds great with guitar as well.

Edited by Silent Fly

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='368943' date='Jan 2 2009, 11:05 PM']I used to have a PODxt + bass pack. In my opinion is an interesting upgrade. In practice, it adds a PODxt-bass to the PODxt.

I prefer the PODxt+bass pack to the PODxt-bass. With the PODxt+bass pack you get true stereo and it sounds great with guitar as well.[/quote]

Hi,I was just contemplating the purchase of the Bass expansion pack myself as I have a podxt pro for my guitar and wanted to use it in my bass rack for delay effects etc.Can you tell me if the bass expansion pack effectively turns the Podxt Pro into the Bass Pod xt pro? ie can it mimic all the controls and settings? I have a mate with a a Bass Pod and he has loads of patches. Could I copy them and upload them onto the guiotar version if I have this bass expansion pack?

If that's the case then it sounds like a great deal at $99, even with the attrocious exchange rate! - it's still cheap compared to buying a bass pod!

[quote name='Bassmanc' post='370101' date='Jan 4 2009, 05:12 PM'][...]Can you tell me if the bass expansion pack effectively turns the Podxt Pro into the Bass Pod xt pro?[...][/quote]

I did not have the XT pro version. Only the standard PODxt but I don't think the same applies.

It is what bass expansion pack does. It adds a [i]Bass PODxt[/i] to a standard PODxt. As far as I can recall, the only difference is the fact the PODxt+bass_expansion_pack is stereo and the PODxt Bass is mono/bi-amp.

[quote name='Bassmanc' post='370101' date='Jan 4 2009, 05:12 PM'][...] ie can it mimic all the controls and settings?[...][/quote]

Yes - it can.

[quote name='Bassmanc' post='370101' date='Jan 4 2009, 05:12 PM'][...]I have a mate with a a Bass Pod and he has loads of patches. Could I copy them and upload them onto the guiotar version if I have this bass expansion pack?[/quote]

I'm not 100% sure about it but I would be very surprised if it wouldn't be possible.

Thanks for the responses - very helpful - in any case you've pretty much confirmed to me that it's going to be worth $99, even at these attrocious exchange rates. So it's top of my list for next months spending!

I may as well start my scrounge for killer patches now then!!???

:)