Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 NYC - GED2112 - New thread.

NancyJohnson

I'm having an issue with my GED 2112 unit and to support an ongoing query I have T21 and the UK distributor, if it's possible could I ask owners to dial up (for the sake of clarity) the Roundabout settings and record a short isolated bass clip and upload here please.  

If you listen to my mixdown it's producing a very uncharacteristic non-Ged tone, just a nasty phatty fuzz (there's two short pieces, the first is with the unit set to the manual's 'Roundabout' settings - which should be super bright - and for the second I've rolled the mid and mid shift forward to the two o'clock position which should enhance the drive...I've panned the drive to the left channel and the deep to the right.  The deep side sounds fine, no issues with that).  Getting a decent clanky tone from Tech21 stuff is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel, but apparently I've somehow lost the ability to do that with this unit.  My BDDI and dUg stompboxes are fine, proving I have no issues with amps/cabinets.

Thanks.

Mixdown.mp3

Well, obviously that has a fault. The tone on the Lutz stuff is classic, unfettered, in your face Tech21. The sample posted sounds broken.

Maybe a replacement unit might be the best option @Tech21NYC? @NancyJohnson is a dyed in the wool Tech21 customer with not just this, but a Dug pedal, RBI and GT2 in the stable. From what I understand Rocky Road looked at it and sent it back unfixed which is a bit unamusing.

• Like 1