Why become a member? ×

thomann

jerseytrev

[quote name='crez5150' post='358007' date='Dec 18 2008, 03:39 PM']Wonder how many people will still want to use them when the Euro is worth more than the pound....[/quote]

I think everyone's prices will be similarly high ifwhen that happens. I'm guessing that most gear is bought in dollars, and as the € rises against the dollar then companies like Thomann will be able to reduce the price in €.

Edited by bremen

[quote name='bremen' post='358016' date='Dec 18 2008, 03:48 PM']I think everyone's prices will be similarly high ifwhen that happens. I'm guessing that most gear is bought in dollars, and as the € rises against the dollar then companies like Thomann will be able to reduce the price in €.[/quote]

I know from my side of the industry there are some very significant price increases in the UK coming next year.... we're talking as much as 40% in some cases.... Some stuff obviously comes in from the states but most manufacturers have European hub's now so it's not really going to help..... still gotta buy in Euro's.

[quote name='crez5150' post='358027' date='Dec 18 2008, 04:01 PM']I know from my side of the industry there are some very significant price increases in the UK coming next year.... we're talking as much as 40% in some cases.... Some stuff obviously comes in from the states but most manufacturers have European hub's now so it's not really going to help..... still gotta buy in Euro's.[/quote]

The upside is that Rotosound strings will become cheaper than Warwick Red Labels :-)

And Shukers will become cheaper than Fenders and Warwicks.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='358083' date='Dec 18 2008, 04:55 PM']Only if everything is sourced and manufactured in the UK, any raw materials from abroad will cost more....[/quote]

Aye, but the biggest part of the cost of a Status or a Shuker is the labour.

And they'll be able to sell *loads* of them to Europe and the US. Which brings the foreign currency 'pon the island.

C'mon, I'm trying to talk up the economy here!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='crez5150' post='358007' date='Dec 18 2008, 03:39 PM']Wonder how many people will still want to use them when the Euro is worth more than the pound....[/quote]
Remember the happier times when Thomann was cheap and buying from the US was cheaper?

Then came a few thousand dodgy mortgage deals in the States and look at the mess we're in!

Here's hoping it gets better soon!