Why become a member? ×

Ask Jeff Berlin

knudsonlars

Hi Vail. 

In your interview with Jeff, I'd love to hear him talk more about the later stages of his career as a musician. His educational principles are well documented around the web and every interview with him seems to ask about either his time playing with Bill Bruford or what he preaches as an educator. You have a great opportunity to get insight on the most exciting part of his career - when he was at the helm! I am a huge fan of Jeff's work and his teaching so I'll happily listen to any interview with him and I look forward to whatever you come up with. If possible, I'd love to hear some discussion on his preference for chord tones; how he uses them to outline harmony and add colour to his playing and how we amateurs can better use them. 

On this channel, I would also love to hear more from you. I mentioned on Facebook the other day that I had enjoyed your solo albums from the 90's (I'm Christopher Dwaine Pipe, we spoke there the other day). I love your playing and thought you had developed a really distinct sound as a bassist. Can't wait to hear more from you!