Why become a member? ×

Seven new Big Al's

Shambo

I have Big Al as a saved search and was initially excited when this appeared a couple of months ago. If I remember correcly, the advert said they had ten to start with.

There are no photo's of the actual instrument, just some stock ones and a picture of a case. I keep checking back to see if someone has bought one and left positive feedback, but to no avail.

What do people think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Music-Man-USA-BIG-AL-4-strings-bass-SSS-Black-Maple-Brand-NEW-NEUVE/283379424179?hash=item41fabadbb3:g:zQQAAOSwPYRcPe1v:rk:1:pf:0

Edited by Shambo
fixed link

They're in Avrainville, a tiny village just south of Paris.

For that sort of money, and with a choice of seven available, I'd contact the seller and say that I was going to come over for a weekend in Paris with a visit to Avrainville (Uber would be good) as the centrepiece, allowing me to try all seven basses and choose the one I like the best.

If the seller immediately starts throwing obstacles in the way, there's your answer.

Well, they sent me some (not great) photo's and it looks like a new big al, and what looks like a EBMM shipping carton, propped up against a luthiers bench in a workshop.

I've no reason at this point to be suspicious. Vigier/HTD where at some point in the recent past a Musicman distributer in France.

I'm sorely tempted.

218947110_s-l16004.thumb.jpg.2ac8afe0113b19a0e42936db2541ec7d.jpg907745309_s-l16005.thumb.jpg.47505f29b526c19710bef4e0b44a4262.jpg1086719005_s-l16003.thumb.jpg.4d8c48b9f50b453199649a0e28aad11b.jpg

Edited by Shambo
spelling