Why become a member? ×

Fender Mustang

Jono Bolton

Does anyone know if the Japanese re-issues are still available in blue? I've been doing some scouting about online because I'm looking to try one when I expand my collection at the start of next year, but I can only find the Fiesta Red and Vintage White, both of which don't really cut it for me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

[quote name='jono b' post='349987' date='Dec 9 2008, 05:43 PM']Does anyone know if the Japanese re-issues are still available in blue? I've been doing some scouting about online because I'm looking to try one when I expand my collection at the start of next year, but I can only find the Fiesta Red and Vintage White, both of which don't really cut it for me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?[/quote]

imo red and white fenders look cheap - blue is much better

[quote name='lateralus462' post='351584' date='Dec 11 2008, 10:54 AM']imo red and white fenders look cheap - blue is much better[/quote]
I thought that when I got my white one - I was after a blue one, but found a secondhand white one a lot cheaper so bought it.

I think it looks much classier after replacing the ugly dark torty pickguard with a custom aged pearl one & putting on a vintage-style thumbrest.
[attachment=17064:mikeys_mustang.JPG]

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

I have a natural '76 Mustang that I may be selling (bl**dy lovely - bought from Beedster 6 weeks ago but may have to go) - I'll throw in a can of blue nitro for £425!? On the Japanese version - I've played one and it was really good - I've not seen one in blue however, and didn't know they were available.

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='lozbass' post='351630' date='Dec 11 2008, 11:31 AM']On the Japanese version - I've played one and it was really good - I've not seen one in blue however, and didn't know they were available.[/quote]

I found [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOADED-Fender-Mustang-JAZZ-BASS-BODY-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ200284340760QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item200284340760&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177"]this[/url] body on ebay, which started the juices flowing.

Oh, JLP, lovely work there! I'm usually a fan of brown tortoise-shell on a white bass, such as a P or Jazz, but it looks wrong on the Mustang, the white pearl looks much better.

Edited by jono b