Why become a member? ×

Heads up! Great VST deals spotted

Mcgiver69

Hornet plugins have their Multi-Compressor (Multicomp Plus MK2) on sale for 90% off. It is 5 compressors in one and a great one too!

Normally €49.90 so that means it is €4.99 with the discount. A massive steal.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-multicomp-plus-mk2/

Use the code: MULTIMK290

It is only valid for the next 6 hours!! 

Sorry for the late heads-up.

• 4 weeks later...

'Woodland Piano'.

Although free, there is also a 'Pay as you want' tab.

You will need the full version of Kontakt for this library (there is no player version.

If you play Piano/Keys you will find this very nice to play, also there is a walkthrough video on the download page that is worth a look.

It comes in at just under 2.5 gig for download.

Link:
Woodland Piano

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Hornet plugins 80% off with ALMOST80 code until midnight on June 26th

Their deals have had me buy a few of their plugins! They're not bad at all. Certainly can't gripe when they're just £5 when on sale sometimes! 

32 minutes ago, Dood said:

Their deals have had me buy a few of their plugins! They're not bad at all. Certainly can't gripe when they're just £5 when on sale sometimes! 

Hey Dood, I recommend their version of Soothe and their Multicomp.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-sleek/

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-multicomp-plus-mk2/

20 minutes ago, velvetkevorkian said:

If anyone needs any rock/metal stuff, Ugritone are having a closing down sale and doing their whole collection for $99 https://ugritone.com/collections/farewell-tour I have a few of their MIDI packs which are good, and down to $2 a pop if you don't need 15 different drum VSTs...

Not my 'core' drum style, but I shall be availing myself of this unique (and rather unhappy...) opportunity, as the Quality is there (I already have some of their products...). For this 'one-off' whole collection offer, it's really a 'no-brainer'. Thanks for the heads up. Time to make sure that I have enough spare disk space. :friends:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Not my 'core' drum style, but I shall be availing myself of this unique (and rather unhappy...) opportunity, as the Quality is there (I already have some of their products...). For this 'one-off' whole collection offer, it's really a 'no-brainer'. Thanks for the heads up. Time to make sure that I have enough spare disk space. :friends:

Actually their Studio Drums are good for almost any genre and for $10 you can't go wrong.

Edited by Mcgiver69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Mcgiver69 said:

I'm glad you recommend them as I have indeed snapped them up for the same reason! Thank you! Glad I made the right choice! I also grabbed Coherence, DynEQ, MasterTool, Spikes, TotalEQ and VHS. Some I got free, probably through soemwhere like Bedroom Producers, others on the 90% deal. 

I've also just picked up some free Limiters, because for some unknwon reason I've decided that I need more - Yet Korneff's El Juan is just insane (I managed to snag that one free!) - So I'll post my finding when I get a chance. 

Thanks for letting me know.

Studio Drums, Tight Drums, and all MIDI files purchased.

Great value, but it's sad to see a company like them go down 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Owen said:

That looks interesting, but it seems to be unstable in Logic 10.8.1 Ventura 13.6.6

Ah, okay...

For any W11 users, I've been using it for a couple of hours with no problems at all (Nuemdo/Cubase). It has a very low CPU hit as well. 

Hi guys and gals,

Focusrite has sent me a free license of Baby Audio Comeback Kid, it is a very good delay plugin. The problem is that I bought it 2 years ago so this license is surplus.

So if you are interested in the license please message me and I'll send it to you for FREEEEEEE!!!!

image.thumb.png.5c4fa77d12a667af81709cb3c104c1bf.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Another nice sale from Hornet Plugins, their channel strip is going for a 90% discount. It normally goes for €59.99; with the discount, you can get it for £5.40.

It might not be an SSL channel strip but it is very good and musical.

Go to Hornet plugins and use the code CHAN90.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-channelstrip-mk3/

BTW I don't work for them and get no commission for any of this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not exactly a great VST deal, but anyone on the fence upgrading EZ Drummer v2 to v3 I'd say it's worth it: €99 if upgrading from v2, or €179 if buying for the first time.

v3 can go full screen, has grid editor, sounds good - some good new kits and presets and midi patterns, seamlessly integrates with the v2 libraries and with my DAW (Reaper).

It can be almost too easy to make decent sounding full song drum tracks - it feels like cheating!  Can do stuff like drag in files or input a basic rhythm and it will suggest drum patterns that will work with it, it'll then also suggest all the other parts of the song to fit (intro, bridge, fills etc), then you can select a different feel for each part (e.g. amount of snare hits, velocity etc) add some 'humanizing' and change drum kits and preset sounds/fx etc. can have enough control that it feels like you've had artistic input to make something reasonably original while all of the technical drum programming work is done for you (like I imagine a producer/musical director that can't drum but knows what they want to hear, telling a drummer 'play a 120bpm funky breakbeat with no kick drum, use a tight kit, loud snare with reverb, add a fill here, then a swung bridge' etc.). Can have a decent quite original full song drum track made in a few minutes with no technical drum programming skills.  Or, you could do all the programming via the grid editor if you want.

The downside is potentially being sucked into buying expansion packs and midi files, e.g. there aren't Reggae drum kit presets or midi patterns, Reggae drums are €89 and reggae midi files €29. Do that with a few different genres and it could get pricey. 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

From 'Insanity Samples'... A free Bamboo Flute (Expressive World Flute).

Unfortunately, it only works in the full version of Kontakt.

It has a really nice, easy to navigate GUI, where you can choose your articulations and Legato types.

The articulations work in a grid which can be triggered by velocity levels combined with key switches.

BAMBOO FLUTE

On 26/12/2023 at 00:59, skankdelvar said:

https://www.voosteq.com/model-n-channel/ 

New Neve Channel strip by VoosteQ, choice of pre-amp, comp, eq and 1073 console types. Lots of features.

Limited-time intro offer $19.99 (£16.60 at current rate of exchange).

voosteqneve.jpg.bb52cc2d353c382661931307fac58544.jpg

Works with Apple and Windows. Check for DAW compatibility. (I took a flyer and it works fine so far with Reaper).

14-day free trial, no restrictions.

Nice sound, flexible, slightly arty UI.

I actually picked this up yesterday. 

Despite not being very experienced at mixing, I am very much a Neve fan in terms of how the EQ plugins respond and their ease of use on a variety of source material (I find API and SSL channel strips at bit frustrating to work with at times in comparison). This one is a real cracker and an absolute bargain at the price. 

I have previously been using the Universal Audio Native 1073 plugin and the Softube British Class A plugin. The Console N's EQ and preamp, to my ears, is way ahead of the UAD and Softube. You can of course get them to sound similar but the Console N seems to have a warmer sound to my ears and is really easy to work with (I find the UAD finicky to work with in terms of getting the output gain set optimally). 

Mild Criticisms:

1. The compressor is glorious but has a fixed attack. While the old Neve consoles generally had a fixed attack I do like the variable attack settings on the Softube. 

2. The GUI is huge and generally takes up the whole screen and is probably a bit too 'dark' to read in certain lighting. 

So not perfect, but still an absolute bargain at the price. I do still really like the Softube as an all in one channel strip (gate, EQ, compression and limiter) but the EQ on the Console N is really really nice.