Why become a member? ×

80s E Serial MIJ Fender Precision for sale

john_the_bass

Fender Precision Bass - 198(4?) MIJ, excellent condition save for a couple of small impact dints in the lacquer on the bottom edge and a small chip in the lacquer at the neck pocket where I unfortunately and clumsily refitted the neck after checking to see if there were any date marks on the neck and body (there weren't - there were matching stamps on the heel and the pocket though). You all know about Japanese Fenders and how good they are and I suspect this was made during (or just before) the hiatus in USA production pre Corona and that it might even have USA parts (although I've no idea how to authenticate this, so there is an equal possibility that it might not)

Strung with Stadium Elites 45-105 and in an excellent condition Hiscox (with the grey furry lining) and the key. I took it to Hiscox after I bought it and got them to replace the cheap rubbishy plastic handle with a nice leather one.

Edited by john_the_bass

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='36890' date='Jul 25 2007, 02:47 PM']*Wine red, ebony fingerboard not rosewood, so presumably a 90s one :)[/quote]

Hi John
Bit confused by the above, can you clarify?
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='39427' date='Jul 31 2007, 11:24 AM']Hi John
Bit confused by the above, can you clarify?
Chris[/quote]

Sorry Chris - that's kinda what I'm looking for in a used Les Paul Studio, if I can possibly get me hands on one in that spec. I know they put ebony fingerboards on some of the early 90s ones but have since switched to rosewood (except on the white ones and who wants a white les paul?)

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='39430' date='Jul 31 2007, 11:27 AM']Sorry Chris - that's kinda what I'm looking for in a used Les Paul Studio, if I can possibly get me hands on one in that spec. I know they put ebony fingerboards on some of the early 90s ones but have since switched to rosewood (except on the white ones and who wants a white les paul?)[/quote]

Thanks John, you have a PM
Chris

Reduced a bit....
This has to go now to make way for other things. I'll entertain offers around the £400 mark - which I don't think is unreasonable considering the price includes a near mint Hiscox case (with keys and that fancy handle). No trades on this, looking for a cash sale.
Anyway, some new pics attached and some high resolutions ones [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/johna_le3/sets/72157594525857805/"]here[/url]

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='42416' date='Aug 7 2007, 12:47 PM']If it sells, I'd like it to go to someone on here so then I stand a chance of buying it back again at some point in the future![/quote]
Especially if it's me :) Good thinking and good luck
Chris