Why become a member? ×

NGBD-New Glarry Bass Day!

B-Mac

Well, it's been a week today that I received my Glarry Burlywood Precision Bass and I have to say that I am a believer.  I am simply amazed.  Not a sharp fret on this baby. No flaws on the finish and the back of the neck is satin finish like I prefer them to be.  The neck is straight as an arrow with no buzzing...quite playable out of the box.  Width at nut is 1.67", 0.86" front to back C shape and 1.03" at 12th fret transition to D shape.

The pups were very quiet and I raised them up a bit and they did get louder, but they seem to be low output.  No noise.  The knobs were great with no static and firm to turn.

For an entry level bass this thing is simply amazing.  It is also about 6.5 lbs. on my analog 'health-o-meter' bath scale.  Very light, so this is also worth looking into for gigging musicians with some back issues who know how to do some minor mods.

It shipped from a New Jersey warehouse to my front door in two days via Fed-Ex.  Really quick!

attachFull3467200 attachFull3467201 attachFull3467202 attachFull3467203 attachFull3467204 attachFull3467205 attachFull3467206 attachFull3467208 attachFull3467210 attachFull3467212 attachFull3467213 attachFull3467214

I think I might jump on the Black Jazz style bass next!
  • Thanks 1

I had one of these, had to see what a super cheap bass is like. Mine was super bright yellow, arrived with two large splits in the paint, bridge was half way up the body (slight exaggeration, but was a lot higher than normal) and the nut was not straight. Pickups were very weak and it had crazy neck dive. Machine heads were so stiff, I was afraid to turn them in case they sheared off.

Worse of all was I kept getting marketing emails from Glarry, even after I unsubscribed, they still came.

It looks like yours is a lot better than the one I had. I think the burlywood one's are much better than the others. Glad you like yours. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your experience 

did you try to get a refund or exchange?

Mine has no issues like what you had 

but the pups were quiet and raising them had helped but they were still on the quiet side