Why become a member? ×

For sale / trade Squier Vintage Modified Jazz

RayFW

Due to my acquisition of a Marcus Miller Jazz it's now time to move on my Squier Vintage Modified Jazz. I have modified it by adding a set of Wizard 64s, a Badass II bridge and upgraded pots. I've changed the pickguard for a white one but I will also include the original black one. The decal of a well known American guitar builder whose name begins with the letter 'F' has also found its way onto the headstock (I know, I know!) This is in excellent condition and comes with a gig bag.

I'm looking for £200 which I think is pretty reasonable given the mods cost me over £120. Could be tempted to trade for a 4 or 5 string fretless, a semi acoustic (Ibanez Artcore or similar) or a fretted 5er.

Would rather not post due to lack of hard case but can meet up in Manchester/Cheshire/Lancs/W Yorks.

Cheers,
Ray

Some quick pics. The holes in the control plate are because the plate is from a J Retro. I will put the correct plate back before selling. Any blemishes are a product of my poor pics.
I will get better pics up ASAP.
[attachment=17663:jb1.jpg]
[attachment=17664:jb2.jpg]
[attachment=17666:jb4.jpg]
[attachment=17665:jb3.jpg]

Edited by rayfw

MB1. :)
Hello Ray!(Nice Chap!...Good Coffee....Mad cat again!...thats 3 now! :huh: )
Have seen and played this bass i must admit ,condition is immaculate and it sounded Sweet! even with my ham fistedness!.....If I could justify the acquisition of this bass i would have snapped it up!...but not being in a band at the present time and already having 4 basses!....."look what i've just found on the doorstep!" wasn't going to cut it!(not twice in one week anyway!) :huh:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Martin.
BUMP!

I spend half my gigging life faking a Texan millionaire with a long beard - can't say it's done me or the punters any harm.

I'm clinically allergic to the Jazz bass shape , sadly , otherwise I'd do myself a favour and have this. It'll sound fantastic with the Wizards and the badass. If there's any members out there a bit short of both pro quality bass and cash I seriously doubt you'll find a better solution anywhere.