Why become a member? ×

More 5 string basses for sale!!

Bass Wielder

Hi,
After much debate I've decided to sell my other basses.....long story!

1) [u][b]KSD 705 [/b[/u]]- Mods include: J-Retro pre-amp special(Vol/blend, tre/bass,tre/bass,tone),Hipshot tuners,Badass bridge,Bone nut,Schaller strap locks,Nordstrands NJ5SF jazz pickups.
I had the logo on the head stock removed (which proved to be quite interesting as people would compliment on the sound/look and then ask about the maker!!). Rivals any high end jazz bass. Trust me I've tried a few.
This bass is just over a year old and has been kept in excellent condition.! asking £895

2) [[u]b]KSD FLBK5[/b][/u] - Modified with J-Retro deluxe pre-amp. This one is even more recent but has a couple of minor scratches in the finish at the back. Again with John East's electronics, this is a killer fretless! asking £695

[u][b]Reminder:[/b][/u]

3) Fender MM5 jazz bass- I hardly use/used this bass(but managed to misplace the p/up cover) so its in mint! price reduced to £895

4)Carvin BB75P - Mods include: J-Retro Deluxe(John modified to work with Carvin bridge piezos),Bone nut,Schaller strap locks,Seymour Duncan ASBII MM pickups(with various switching options) and more.....price reduced £ 995

[quote name='chardbass' post='38289' date='Jul 28 2007, 10:59 PM']Can you give a comparison of the MM5 and KSD fretted as regards sound?[/quote]
Well, the MM5 is very zingy with a natural mid scoop a la Marcus. Very much voiced for slap style playing or tight finger style. The pre-amp does not offer a Mid control but the bass & treble controls are nicely voiced.. The 'B' string is tight and usefull for slap as well (which is rare) in a 34" scale length. The neck size is very comfortable and fast.

The KSD in its original state is similar, but I think has a tighter 'B' string maybe due to the 35" scale length. The original pre-amp is not as good as the MM5 however. With the J-Retro pre-amp, its more versatile and with the other mods it became in my opinion a better overall bass.

So........I think.....the MM5 is easier to play and sounds great but the KSD sounds great too and is more versatile. Does that help?

• 2 years later...

[quote name='mcruiz67' post='38165' date='Jul 28 2007, 03:24 PM']Hi,
After much debate I've decided to sell my other basses.....long story!

1) [u][b]KSD 705 [/b[/u]]- Mods include: J-Retro pre-amp special(Vol/blend, tre/bass,tre/bass,tone),Hipshot tuners,Badass bridge,Bone nut,Schaller strap locks,Nordstrands NJ5SF jazz pickups.
I had the logo on the head stock removed (which proved to be quite interesting as people would compliment on the sound/look and then ask about the maker!!). Rivals any high end jazz bass. Trust me I've tried a few.
This bass is just over a year old and has been kept in excellent condition.! asking £895

2) [[u]b]KSD FLBK5[/b][/u] - Modified with J-Retro deluxe pre-amp. This one is even more recent but has a couple of minor scratches in the finish at the back. Again with John East's electronics, this is a killer fretless! asking £695

[u][b]Reminder:[/b][/u]

3) Fender MM5 jazz bass- I hardly use/used this bass(but managed to misplace the p/up cover) so its in mint! price reduced to £895

4)Carvin BB75P - Mods include: J-Retro Deluxe(John modified to work with Carvin bridge piezos),Bone nut,Schaller strap locks,Seymour Duncan ASBII MM pickups(with various switching options) and more.....price reduced £ 995[/quote]

A bit of a long shot but do you still have the MM5?