Why become a member? ×

How much is my bass worth?

RaNoFuNkY

Wotchya all,

Due to severe lack of space, my local guitar tech will be holding and selling this bass for me and I should give him a reasonable price tag. Its the string through body, 32" Pau Ferro neck with complete working and original J's and P pups and preamp. It also has a Hipshot D-Tuner.

Neck is straight and absolute joy to play. Body has matching black with gold sparkle headstock and gold hardware. No dinks or nicks apart from a slightly tarnished Fender neck plate on the back, basically looks brand new. These basses are great, a real versatile player's bass, and not too common (Its the medium scale Urge 1 model, not the 34" Urge II). Can't remember the year off hand. Comes with hardcase.

Was wondering if there are other users out there? Or if anyone could suggest a price tag? Although the current climate doesn't particular lend itself to disposable income, I was thinking £850+ at least. I think one was sold on here for £1000 a few months back. I believe the guitar shop (Charlie Chandlers Experience in Twickenham) will be taking a 15% cut. Thoughts guys?

Cheers!

Edited by RaNoFuNkY

I had 2 of these in my time and I sold one last year for £900. To be honest, I would have kept it but the whole deal meant that I could get a Jackson PC1 back into my musical armoury again.

The Urge I is a great bass and still pretty unusual with it's short scale and 3 pickups. I think that £850 is the right price, but not in this current economic climate where those who do have money are waiting for the bargains to appear.

Personally, I would find somewhere/anywhere to keep it and not let someone get a bargain on your account.

Cheers guys! I mean, its all bad news, but its what I expected and I appreciate the feedback!

Well I'm no longer in a hurry to sell it, I still love playing it and I'm sure it will eventually start to appreciate in value!

Cheers all

Edited by RaNoFuNkY