Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang/Epifani Rig

Flanker

After selling my GenzBenz to Niceguyhomer I was looking forward to settling down with my brand new Mesa M6 Carbine - the hottest new amp from the states and loved by all. I wanted to love it too and it surely is an amazing amp - quite light, very very loud and great tone options including deep bass and sparkling treble........

Unfortunately it turns out that I really like smooooth and this amp is just very aggressive. I couldn't get close to the tone I wanted without EQ'ing like crazy.

A classic GAS attack had caught me out big time!

Anyway I sent a PM to Marc asking about the tone of the big Glock Heart Rock. Went round there yesterday and he loved the Mesa so it was gone in the blink of an eye.

The Glock is big and heavy but I haven't touched the tone controls at all-totally flat. A touch of bass boost and a smaller touch of mid on the Skjold and that is it - fat smooth quick tone - luvly!!! :)

It is very well built and very quiet running which is nice. Fan noise was something I didn't really take to on the Aguilar DB750.

Anyway here's a few pics

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='371093' date='Jan 5 2009, 04:38 PM']...but for how long...? :huh:[/quote]

Until the GB 1200 GAS ramps up a notch I reckon :)

Nice Rig though. All you need is a Berg 4x10 instead of that silly Epifani thing and you are sorted :huh:

[quote name='birdy' post='371119' date='Jan 5 2009, 05:01 PM']Until the GB 1200 GAS ramps up a notch I reckon :)

Nice Rig though. All you need is a Berg 4x10 instead of that silly Epifani thing and you are sorted :huh:[/quote]

The GB1200 - whats the point if it's not diddy?!

[quote name='steve-soar' post='371255' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:01 PM']Me like. Me like.
The Glock Duo 2x12 cab I have is the best sounding cab I've had, (Accugroove, Bergantino, Hartke, Peavey, Ashdown, Ampeg, HH, Marshall).
If this amp is anything like my cab, then you'll be sorted. :)[/quote]

it's not Duo, thats the 2x10. it's the Double you have. i wont tell you again! :huh:

and yes, the Glock stuff is fan-bloomin-tastic. would love to try some of the heads, but would never be able to live with the size!

Thanks Steve for the trade, Im really enjoying the sound of the Mesa Carbine head. The Glock has a very smooth sound that suits your Skjord really well but my Sandbergs and P bass needed a head with more 'bite'. The mesa pushes my sound forward to give a very bright and punchy sound with great bottom end.

Thanks again.....and it was a pleasure to do business with you.

Marc

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='371305' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:47 PM']it's not Duo, thats the 2x10. it's the Double you have. i wont tell you again! :)

and yes, the Glock stuff is fan-bloomin-tastic. would love to try some of the heads, but would never be able to live with the size![/quote]Nobody likes a smart ass. :huh: