Why become a member? ×

Digitech Bass Whammy - a salutary tale

stewblack

My whammy went wonky. Open the pedal all was good. Press it down and it seemed to bounce back up a fraction dropping the pitch. 

I noticed the pedal seemed slightly askew. The left front corner touched the base unit the right did not. 

I don't need to do any research here I thought, it's obvious that it has been bent and must be bent back again. 

I shan't share the shenanigans which subsequently ensued, I just want to say if this happens to you don't look for a physical fault. 

Turns out it's simply a matter of recalibration. Plug the pedal in while holding the power button down. When the lights flash let go the power button. Wind the knob so with the pedal forward the light is all the way up. With the pedal down wind it all the way down. 

That's it. Turn it off then on again and wham away. 

I can say that this is an extremely robust well made pedal. If you saw the leverage and pressure I applied trying to straighten it you would A) weep and B) slap me. 

• Thanks 1