Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Avalon U5 DI/Preamp - Black (anniversary edition) - £330
£375
North West

three

Price reduced to £330

Avalon u5 for sale - the anniversary model in black.  I suspect that if you're looking, you'll know what this is and what it does.  Superb, clean and versatile DI/Preamp with extremely useful presets (that work wonderfully on bass or acoustic guitar or pretty much anything else).  The studio standard for recording bass and present in pretty much every higher-end studio.  Also used widely by very posh bassists as a stage DI/pre - these really are at the highest-end for bass input/processing.

This unit has probably seen less than 20 hours of use - I have a few pres and tend to use this one with a Status Series II.  A move to short scale implied that the Avalon then fell out of use pretty much entirely.  A shame as it's excellent.  The unit is thus almost new and unmarked - indeed, it looks new apart from a tiny white mark (not easy to see) above the power light.  I thought it was dust or a bit of fluff but it didn't dust off.  Unless you look for the mark, it's not easy to see.  I'm including this for full disclosure but it really is tiny.

I have the manual and the original box.  I can ship in the UK and most of continental Europe.  Shipping in the UK will be around £10, Europe a little more.  The cheapest I can find these is just over £700 at Thomann.  Others are charging between £720 and £800.  At £330, this is probably quite a bargain.  This is a black one too - it sounds much better than the more common silver ones (well, of course it doesn't but I think it looks very cool).

Collection in central Manchester is good and cash on collection or Bank Transfer is fine (Paypal too but friends and family please).  Any questions, please just ask. 

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

Edited by three
  • Like 1

• Rich locked this topic