Why become a member? ×

Good deal on strings from The USA

warwickhunt

We are often quick to have a whinge about bad service so I thought I'd balance it out by saying I've just had excellent service from Brandt over at ThePerfectBass.com in The States, who supplied 5 sets of DR strings for under £100 inc delivery (inc 15% discount for being registered on TB). I've never used TPB before (recommended by Molan) but I reckon at those prices I may well do again. If you intend using them it might be worth mentioning that you heard about it through this site/me/Molan and even if you're not registered on TB he may well be able to sort out a similar discount... no harm asking. :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='372182' date='Jan 6 2009, 04:58 PM']We are often quick to have a whinge about bad service so I thought I'd balance it out by saying I've just had excellent service from Brandt over at ThePerfectBass.com in The States, who supplied 5 sets of DR strings for under £100 inc delivery (inc 15% discount for being registered on TB). I've never used TPB before (recommended by Molan) but I reckon at those prices I may well do again. If you intend using them it might be worth mentioning that you heard about it through this site/me/Molan and even if you're not registered on TB he may well be able to sort out a similar discount... no harm asking. ;)[/quote]

Deals from the US are definitely much better. I've been getting my DR Black Beauties from various US based Ebayers which normally work out about half the price of the UK even after postage. When I was in LA in September I wiped out Guitar Center and Sam Ash in Hollywood so I should be good for a while, although I might get some more when I'm back in May.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='372182' date='Jan 6 2009, 04:58 PM']We are often quick to have a whinge about bad service so I thought I'd balance it out by saying I've just had excellent service from Brandt over at ThePerfectBass.com in The States, who supplied 5 sets of DR strings for under £100 inc delivery (inc 15% discount for being registered on TB). I've never used TPB before (recommended by Molan) but I reckon at those prices I may well do again. If you intend using them it might be worth mentioning that you heard about it through this site/me/Molan and even if you're not registered on TB he may well be able to sort out a similar discount... no harm asking. ;)[/quote]

Damn... spoke to soon; I just got a bill of £20 from Fed-Ex for the import taxes/charges. Still cheap enough for what they are over here.