Why become a member? ×

Overwater Jazz *SOLD PENDING PAYMENT*

4 candles

[attachment=18270:bass2009_013.jpg][attachment=18272:bass2009_006.jpg][attachment=18271:bass2009_015
.jpg]

Forgive me for I am useless with a camera and a P.C so I have posted again just the pictures

Regards Mark

Edited by 4 candles

[quote name='molan' post='373432' date='Jan 7 2009, 08:03 PM']I've just bought one of these (similar but with a J-Retro fitted).

Great bass, I'm really enjoying mine :)[/quote]

You could always buy this one to use as a spare!!!!

Remember, Its better to have than to want

[quote name='4 candles' post='373490' date='Jan 7 2009, 08:50 PM']You could always buy this one to use as a spare!!!!

Remember, Its better to have than to want[/quote]

Don't tempt me - the other one is at the rehearsal room so I only get to see it alternate weeks!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='373667' date='Jan 7 2009, 11:23 PM']If it has 4 strings you've no need for it any more! :huh:[/quote]

How right - anyone want a:

Sadowsky NYC / Warwick Infinity / Lakland DJ / Zon VB :)

Need to get my head round this & stop fannying around eh!

Luckily OTPJ (AKA Rich) is relieving me of the Status at the weekend :huh:

Anyway - back to the Overwater - what are the pickups & pre etc in this one?

[quote name='molan' post='373674' date='Jan 7 2009, 11:27 PM']How right - anyone want a:

[b]Sadowsky NYC / Warwick Infinity / Lakland DJ / Zon VB[/b] :)

Need to get my head round this & stop fannying around eh!

Luckily OTPJ (AKA Rich) is relieving me of the Status at the weekend :huh:

Anyway - back to the Overwater - what are the pickups & pre etc in this one?[/quote]

Oh go on then... :huh:

[quote name='4 candles' post='373351' date='Jan 7 2009, 06:44 PM'][attachment=18270:bass2009_013.jpg][attachment=18272:bass2009_006.jpg][attachment=18271:bass2009_015
.jpg]

Forgive me for I am useless with a camera and a P.C so I have posted again just the pictures

£850

Regards Mark[/quote]
Hi Mark.....Thought you might like some more pics...This s a great bass & a great guy to deal with .all the best.... John

[quote name='haimesy' post='373971' date='Jan 8 2009, 01:09 PM']Hi Mark.....Thought you might like some more pics...This s a great bass & a great guy to deal with .all the best.... John[/quote]

much better pictures than mine, thanks. Its a shame too see this go as its fantastic but the fact of the matter is that Im playing very little and will be playing even less over the years to come

[quote name='molan' post='374654' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:53 PM']Mark - what pickups & controls is it fitted with?

Looks like either vol/vol & stacked treble/bass or maybe vol/pan & then stacked?

Do you know what pre it has as well?[/quote]

Volume, pickup selector and tone pot with another nob on top which if you pull it up give a fantastic slap sound with its own control. The pre-amp and pickups are standard from overwater, I'm unsure of the brand mabye fellow basschatters can help me out there!

[quote name='4 candles' post='375472' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:04 PM']Volume, pickup selector and tone pot with another nob on top which if you pull it up give a fantastic slap sound with its own control. The pre-amp and pickups are standard from overwater, I'm unsure of the brand mabye fellow basschatters can help me out there![/quote]
Not an overwater owner myself, but [url="http://www.overwaterbasses.com/j-series.htm"]the overwater site[/url] says "with a choice of active electronics from Audere Audio or E Pro ‘J Retro' ."

You need an overwater guru (or preamp guru) to tell you more ... Both of those preamps have stacked controls. And neither company offers just one option.

[url="http://audereaudio.com/JZ3.htm"]Audere[/url]

[url="http://www.east-uk.com/jrhome.htm"]East UK[/url]

Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='375543' date='Jan 9 2009, 07:08 PM']Not an overwater owner myself, but [url="http://www.overwaterbasses.com/j-series.htm"]the overwater site[/url] says "with a choice of active electronics from Audere Audio or E Pro ‘J Retro' ."

You need an overwater guru (or preamp guru) to tell you more ... Both of those preamps have stacked controls. And neither company offers just one option.

[url="http://audereaudio.com/JZ3.htm"]Audere[/url]

[url="http://www.east-uk.com/jrhome.htm"]East UK[/url]

Andy[/quote]

Thanks for the info, you are a top bloke

[quote name='4 candles' post='375472' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:04 PM']Volume, pickup selector and tone pot with another nob on top which if you pull it up give a fantastic slap sound with its own control. The pre-amp and pickups are standard from overwater, I'm unsure of the brand mabye fellow basschatters can help me out there![/quote]

Mine has Kent Armstrong pickups and a standard J-Retro which has three stacked pots.

When you say the pull up pot has its own control does this mean you can vary the amount of mid cut (either through the pot itself or via internal cavity adjustments)?

Reason for asking so specifically is that it's the variable mid control on my Overwater that I use the most ;)

[quote name='molan' post='375652' date='Jan 9 2009, 09:16 PM']Mine has Kent Armstrong pickups and a standard J-Retro which has three stacked pots.

When you say the pull up pot has its own control does this mean you can vary the amount of mid cut (either through the pot itself or via internal cavity adjustments)?

Reason for asking so specifically is that it's the variable mid control on my Overwater that I use the most ;)[/quote]

Thats what I meant!!!