Why become a member? ×

Traded - please delete

Delberthot

I've decided to open this up to trades as well as a straight sale:

It is a phenomenal bass, very fat and gives an almost all-tube sound through my Genz Shuttle (and previous GK 700RB II head).

The specs are as follows:

Swamp ash body finished in butterscotch blonde

maple neck with vintage satin laquer and vintage Fender sized fret wire and Jazz width neck

Gotoh Resolite lightweight reverse action tuners

Tusq nut

Lollar '51 pickup

Gotoh 201 bridge

CTS pots, vintage wiring, Fender US jack, paper in oil cap.

Chrome pickup and bridge covers

Maple single screw tugbar

Black single ply scratchplate

Schaller straplocks

Optima chrome plated strings

The specs are exactly as per a '57 pre-facelift single coil P bass would be except where I have had to substitute for parts no longer available, such as CTS pots instead of the original Stackpole ones.

I use this bass with a Genz Shuttle 6.0 and Schroeder 1212L and it produces are really big, fat, warm, growly sounds but remains very clear. it has really good balance and the action is pretty low on it as well.

Being only a couple of months old it is in excellent condition. the only visible marks are slight cracking of the laquer round the jack socket when I was building it. The marks are very small and you have to look very carefully to be able to see them. Despite drilling pilot holes, I still managed to snap 3 of the screws for the machineheads. Luckily there was only one snappage per machine so it doesn't affect their ability to do their job. i was going to glue the heads back on but didn't get round to it. I think I still have the heads somewhere.

When I was drilling the holes for the bridge cover I put one in the wrong place so had to drill another. With the covers on, no one will be the wiser but I'm telling you so that there are no nasty surprises.

it comes complete with a non-Fender tweed case as seen in the above pictures which finishes the look nicely.

What you are getting here is a made in USA bass but far better quality than a similar US made Fender IMO. There are no rough edges, bad finish or poorly put togeher components. it may not have the Fender name on it but it is twice the bass a regular USA made Fender is IMO.

Make no mistake,you will be getting an extremely well put together bass that sounds absolutely fantastic. Not to mention that you cannot buy anything of this spec in any shop

Bearing all this in mind and considering that there isn't anything else like this available off the shelf I have decided a price of £600. This price includes delivery to mainland UK,excluding the usual postcodes that attract a supplement.

I am also considering trades for the right bass or cab with cash in my direction (I'm skint) or a straight swap.

The kind of things I am looking for are:

Fender or Fender clone Precision bass
Warwick Corvette, Fortress, Streamer or similar
Yamaha BB5000, BB5000a, BB3000MA or Attitude
Ibanez
Epiphone EB3
Peavey TL5 or 6 or Rudy Sarzo
Riverhead Jupiter bass

This isn't everything - in fact most of the list comprises of complete long shots but it gives the idea of what I am after. One thing though - I don't like Jazz basses.

I would also be interested in 5 strings and fretless basses

Cabs:

Bergantino, Epifani, Schroeder, Eden Nemesis, Genz, Markbass etc

The purpose is to find a large cab or combination of 2 cabs for gigging without PA support. MY 1212L is plenty loud enough but I miss the bottom end my Trace stuff used to provide but don't want the weight of the Trace.

This list isn't exhaustive and I am interested to find out what else is out there so PM me with what you have and what kind of trade you would be interested in.

Edited by Delberthot

There are a lot of basses for sale on here that I would love to own, especially the Duck Dunn. There are at least 8 or 9 others I have spotted.

There are also about 5 speaker cabs as well including the big Schroeder Cab that WoT is selling and the Aguilar Tweed number as well.

I'd rather not go round PMing everyone and getting other peoples hopes up of trades so if anyone here has a bass or cab for sale here that they would like to trade then let me know.

I'm going to be in Southport in 3 weeks time so if posting was an issue for you and you don't live too far away from there. that is, far enough for the missus to complain seeing as we're on holiday, then let me know and we can work something out.