Why become a member? ×

Guitarist and sometime bassist saying hi...

cflyssy

Hey folks,

Nice to be here. First time I've been on a forum for a little while. My name's Connor, I'm 24 and based near London.

Sorry to have to break it to you all but I'm predominantly a guitarist, although I have played bass for about a decade now as well, have gigged as a bassist on many many occasions and have always absolutely adored it. I currently have a 5-string, USA Deluxe Fender Dimension, which I moved to from an Ibanez SR1205 a couple of years ago - that goes through my Kemper. I tend to gravitate towards 5-strings, I guess...

I'm actually looking to sell the Dimension, but I've read the classified rules and I'm not here to annoy anyone, so I shall follow the correct procedure in due course. 

In terms of what I play, it really does vary quite a bit and there are so many styles and players that I just love, although my absolute favourite bass player is a rather left-field name to drop - anyone familiar with "Random" Jon Poole? He's played with Cardiacs, the Wildhearts and numerous of Ginger Wildheart's solo projects, and is now playing absolutely mad stuff with The Dowling Poole. He's actually a multi-instrumentalist who is also freakishly skilled on guitar and drums, as well as singing and writing incredible material too. As a bassist, he's remarkable though - it's my favourite part of what he does. Amazingly inventive, dexterous and often just flat-out insane.

Anyway, that's me for now. Nice to meet you all.

Connor

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Teebs said:

Hiya Connor :crigon_04:

Loved The Wildhearts!

Pretty much my favourite band ever.

You heard the new album? It absolutely kills - up there with some of their best material, and the production is streets ahead of anything they've had up to this point so the bass sounds bigger than ever.

Edited by cflyssy

15 minutes ago, cflyssy said:

Pretty much my favourite band ever.

You heard the new album? It absolutely kills - up there with some of their best material, and the production is streets ahead of anything they've had up to this point so the bass sounds bigger than ever.

Not heard it, but I'll look for it now.

Thanks smiley