Why become a member? ×

Booking Agencies

farmer61

My band want to get into more corporate / private functions and feel we may need the "services" of a booking agent.

Does anyone have any recommendations of reputable agents who cover the South / South West of the UK. Armed Services functions seem of particular interest to us.

Thx

[quote name='farmer61' post='379283' date='Jan 13 2009, 04:36 PM']My band want to get into more corporate / private functions and feel we may need the "services" of a booking agent.

Does anyone have any recommendations of reputable agents who cover the South / South West of the UK. Armed Services functions seem of particular interest to us.

Thx[/quote]

To be honest mate I wouldn't bother as I've tried this previously and it's a waste of time..... your much better booking yourselves

[quote name='crez5150' post='379289' date='Jan 13 2009, 04:38 PM']To be honest mate I wouldn't bother as I've tried this previously and it's a waste of time..... your much better booking yourselves[/quote]
+1 Our wonderful agencies have supplied us with 3 gigs in 5 years, I've lost count of how many we've booked ourselves in comparison. Get yourself out there and you'll find the majority of your business comes from recommendation or personal experience of you at someone elses event.

+1 no agent, once you have played a few gigs in the right places you can buid on that and fill your diary.

Get sorted with a good website aimed directly at that market, get a marketing pack together and get on the phone direct to the people that d the booking in the places you want to play.

Find out who they have that's like you so you can say "we're rather like [i]band name[/i] but with two women singers" so they have a hook to hang you on. Do not undercharge or you will spend ages trying to get up to normal rates ..

On point though, if you already have a reputation/following as a pub or club band then choose a new band name and use that just for your corperate gigs.

Keep the two markets seperate.

It might be an idea to read the playing weddings thread as there's loads of relevant tips in there.