Why become a member? ×

Hard Rock Cafe Basses

1 hour ago, Bassman68 said:

I dunno who sets these basses up, but studying the Nikki Sixx bass last night in Hard Rock café restaurant Tenerife, looks like the G is below the E string?

IMG_1177.jpeg

In the case of Nikki Sixx also irrelevant 

4 hours ago, Bassman68 said:

I dunno who sets these basses up, but studying the Nikki Sixx bass last night in Hard Rock café restaurant Tenerife, looks like the G is below the E string?

IMG_1177.jpeg

That'll be Nikki Suxx then, I mean it doesn't matter what order your strings are when you're miming..

Anyone going to Hamburg should check out Zwick bar in St. Pauli. It houses some of the basses of Uli Salm (who? I hear you ask) which is grand until you see about 12 Ritters hanging on the wall as you walk in, plus Alembics, Fenders and other associated basses, must be at least 60 basses in there, all throughout the bar within touching distance of curious fingers. Well worth a gander.

https://bassmagazine.com/uli-salm-worlds-no-1-bass-collector-adds-bite-basses-to-his-collection/

Edited by Doctor J

On 12/07/2024 at 10:16, JottoSW1 said:

Irrelevant if you don't like limp bizkit.

On 12/07/2024 at 10:17, JottoSW1 said:

In the case of Nikki Sixx also irrelevant 

21 hours ago, Marky L said:

That'll be Nikki Suxx then, I mean it doesn't matter what order your strings are when you're miming..

They've both made more people happy, sold more records, made more money, and seen more of the world by playing bass than I ever did. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jack said:

They've both made more people happy, sold more records, made more money, and seen more of the world by playing bass than I ever did. 

And me, though Motley Crüe have made a fair few unhappy as well.

1 hour ago, JottoSW1 said:

And me, though Motley Crüe have made a fair few unhappy as well.

When I was 13, having run out of Iron Maiden albums to buy, I spent five of my hard-earned pounds on a Mötley Crue tape, and it did indeed make me very unhappy.

51 minutes ago, Munurmunuh said:

When I was 13, having run out of Iron Maiden albums to buy, I spent five of my hard-earned pounds on a Mötley Crue tape, and it did indeed make me very unhappy.

Let alone the poor Hanoi Rocks drummer who rode in a deTomaso Pantera with a rat-arsed Vince Neill

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

Let alone the poor Hanoi Rocks drummer who rode in a deTomaso Pantera with a rat-arsed Vince Neill

Yes, Razzle. That's where it starts for me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marky L said:

Yes, Razzle. That's where it starts for me.

Can't say that Mr Neill hasn't had some sad vicissitudes in his life but even so.

Suppose his punishment is having ended up looking as he does and sounding like a mating Elephant Seal rather than a singer !

• Haha 1