Why become a member? ×

Markbass 610 FT SOLD

Beedster

Recently acquired from Clarky, love this cab to death but am about to move house and might have problems accomodating it. I'd consider a straight sale or a PX with a Markbass 115 (plus cash my way). This is quite simply the best sounding cab I've owned so I would prefer it of you didn't offer any money or trades so that I can say to TFMB that "I tried very hard but no-one was interested, we'll just have to find somewhere for it in the new house".
C

Edited by Beedster

OK, just been to the new place with a tape measure and the cab will fit but only just. The cab is therefore up for trade but not as a matter of urgency, so if you're after one, hit me with something bassy and sexy
I'd be very interested in a Markbass Traveller 15 or 2x10 and some cash. Or a '64 Precision ;)
Chris

[quote name='Higgie' post='389975' date='Jan 23 2009, 08:52 PM']I knew something like this would happen! Unfortunately my 1x15 should be going to a new home on Sunday. I'll let you know if for some reason the deal doesn't go ahead.

Now, interested in a 4x10? :P[/quote]

Ah but would you have wanted a 610 in return - I thought you were downsizing?

All joking aside guys, I'm more than happy to keep this cab, I just know that it's going to get a lot less use now as it's going to be a major effort to get it in and out of the house. I've a 210 that's sufficient for rehearsing and I guess in an ideal world I'd like to trade the 610 for a 115 or 210, ideally Markbass, and some cash my way (I might have said that already above). I'd probaly not be interested in a 410 as unless it was very small and light as I'm still going to have a bit of trouble with the stairs (they're extremely steep and narrow, in fact I have quite a lot of trouble on them after a pint or two even without a heavy cab) ;)
Cheers
Chris

• 1 month later...

This is now definitely for sale or trade. Looking for either a Markbass Traveller 210 or 115, or possibly an EUB. Cash-wise I'm thinking around £600 but we can talk :)
Can be collected from Milton Keynes or Canterbury or we could meet somewhere mutually agreeable
Chris

Maybe shifting the EA 4x10 with horn, as I have 5 other 4x10s anyway...
It's as small and light as....
Wheels and side handles and extendo trolley thingmie and allsorts.
Kinda eeksie value, tho', so not a cash generator.

Edited by Thornybank

[quote name='steve-norris' post='428080' date='Mar 7 2009, 04:16 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43139"]2x Eden 2x10's[/url] might be a suitable replacement....[/quote]

Cheers Steve, think I'll stick with MB for the time being though.

This has been around a while so I'll probably ebay it at the weekend if no-one here goes for it this week. I have to say that it's a hell of a cab and amazingly light for the quantity and quality of sound it produces. I've had a couple of PMs from guys saying that I'm selling way below what it's worth (thanks chaps), so grab it while you can folks!
Chris

Any trade offers before I ebay this? You know me, if it's got an 'F' on the headstock I'm usually interested. Small lioghteweight cabs (2z10 or 1x15) would also be useful at present. TBH if you'd like this cab hit me with whatever you have and you never know. Might be doing a trip down to Hampshire/Wiltshire this weekend and will be in Milton Keynes early next week so meet up/delivery en-route or at either is possible.
Chris

I listed this for £600 or best offer on ebay and realised that if I accept an offer of £575 I'm still only gonna clear just above £500 after Ebay/Paypal fees, so it seems best to offer it for that here so at least someone gets a great cab cheap and Ebay don't clean up. I'd still consider good/interesting trades.....
Chris

[quote name='steve-soar' post='437080' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:00 PM']These cabs retailed at £1368 and the Bass Centre sold them at £1100.
This cab is now discontinued, so I would strongly urge people to crab this by the nads and buy Chris' cab, 'cause it's a bargain. :)[/quote]

Would you trade it for your tech 6 x 10?