Why become a member? ×

NUX Solid Studio - DI box plus IR amp/mic/cab simulation £80 *** SOLD ***
£100
Edinburgh

mcnach

£100 including UK delivery

£80 including delivery 

Immaculate, barely used and only at home.

It's a DI box with power amp and speaker simulations based on impulse responses (IR). I wanted something like this mostly for recording at home, using my pedalboard as it is, with all the overdrives etc, getting a realistic sound and being able to play late at night without bothering anybody.

It would also be useful as a DI box live, of course, giving you control over your sound, choosing amplifier/microphone/speaker simulations to suit your goals and send that to the FOH.

It is able to load third party IRs, so you're not restricted to the built-in simulations and can upload any of a wide range of IRs available online. In addition, it allows you to create your own. I wanted to create IRs of my Two10 cabs and went as far as talking to a local studio so that I could go over and use various microphones they have to generate a few IRs... but like so many things I get into, other more important things get in the way and I ended up losing interest as the built-in IRs sound pretty good already, even if it's not my own cabs.

It's really solid, it seems well made, and I liked how most important parameters are there at your fingertips with physical controls, so no need to scroll through menus etc. There's a free computer interface that you can use to access a visualise all the different parameters, see the frequency curves etc. Pretty cool.

Pretty cool, but ultimately I'm not using it these days and I could use a little cash so... here it is.

More info here:

http://www.nuxefx.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=7&id=277

IMG_20191205_135040019.jpg?dl=1

IMG_20191205_135126203.jpg?dl=1

IMG_20191205_135157687.jpg?dl=1

IMG_20191205_135231272.jpg?dl=1

Edited by mcnach