Why become a member? ×

EHX bass microsynth *** SOLD ***
£150
Edinburgh

mcnach

£150 including 1st class signed-for delivery within UK.

This is one of the newer versions, that can be powered up using a standard 9V adaptor. 

It doesn't draw all that much current, being an analog pedal, so it's easy to daisy chain with most standard power units... I measured it at 40mA only:

IMG_20191107_213318660.jpg?dl=1

It's in excellent condition. It comes with small velcro stickers underneath which can of course be removed easily.

Lots of great and weird and wonderful noises can be had with this unit, and all the controls have physical sliders, which makes it very easy to know where you are and to tweak when needed. I particularly enjoyed the envelope filter section, and how easy you can adjust the sweep, up/down, swell, and then make it dirty with the other sections. It all becomes pretty intuitive pretty easily. It works very well on guitar too!

Unfortunately my need for synthy funky noises is lower than my need for cash, as the project I bought this for never progressed... so here it is.

IMG_20191205_134845797.jpg?dl=1

IMG_20191205_134902748.jpg?dl=1

Here's a demo I found that covers a lot of the sounds you could make with this unit. Some are a little unrefined and it'd only take moving one of the sliders up/down a bit... bit at least it gives you an idea:

And this one does a decent job at explaining the different controls:

Edited by mcnach

• MB1 locked this topic