Why become a member? ×

Larrivee Jumbo Acoustic (Pics added)

Bit of a long shot, but I have a gorgeous Larrivee jumbo acoustic sitting around not being played that I wouldn’t mind trading for an electric guitar (that will probably also sit around and not be played).
It has flamed maple back and sides and a spruce top. It has a bound ebony flat radiused fingerboard and has two internal pickups.

It is mint and was re-fretted by Martyn Booth last year. Martyn is one of the country’s premier guitar builders and he reckoned that this guitar is a cracker. He said that a Martin with these woods and build quality would go for about £4k.

I value it at approx. £1000 and would be interested to see if anyone has a similarly valued electric that they would be interested in trading.

As it’s a bit of a long shot, I haven’t done photos yet. I’ll get some sorted if there is any serious interest.

Dan

Edited by dangee

[quote name='power of ten' post='394428' date='Jan 29 2009, 11:39 AM']What sort of thing are you after? Strat? Tele? Gretsch? Les paul?[/quote]

I'm open to any of the above. Something classic, solid or semi-acoustic. I know it's a bit vague!

[quote name='power of ten' post='395085' date='Jan 30 2009, 12:18 AM']What model is this, and what are the pick ups .. and pre amp?[/quote]

It is a JM-09 (Jumbo Maple). The pups were made and fitted by Martyn Booth. No pre.

Edited by dangee