Why become a member? ×

What song are you learning?

odysseus

23 minutes ago, asingardenof said:

Apparently we're going to give Sledgehammer a go, which means I can finally use my chorus and octaver pedals. Should be fun even if we don't end up using it in the set.

I've been campaigning for Sledgehammer to go into our set. I learnt it for a previous band that never took off. Great to play. Good luck.

13 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Currently murdering forget me nots. I need to be more familiar with the song...

I had lessons for that, it’s a great bassline but pretty tricky especially up to speed, good luck stub 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Franticsmurf said:

I've been campaigning for Sledgehammer to go into our set. I learnt it for a previous band that never took off. Great to play. Good luck.

Cheers! I have the bones of it down, just need to get all the little nuances, ghost notes (my nemeses!), etc. sorted so it sounds pukka.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I had lessons for that, it’s a great bassline but pretty tricky especially up to speed, good luck stub 

Even if I only get the main riff I will be happy. My slap needs to get past the obvious RHCP suspects...

• Like 1

I'm due to have a get-together with some pals for a jam.

The last one we did Carry On Wayward Son, Jailbreak, Born To Be Wild, and one or two others; we were supposed to do Money, but nobody else learned it!

Upcoming are: Get Back, Come Together, Purple Haze, Badge, Sunshine Of Your Love, Let's Dance, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Teenage Kicks, and a few more; there's quite a few styles to be covered there, which is quite fun.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, prowla said:

I'm due to have a get-together with some pals for a jam.

The last one we did Carry On Wayward Son, Jailbreak, Born To Be Wild, and one or two others; we were supposed to do Money, but nobody else learned it!

Upcoming are: Get Back, Come Together, Purple Haze, Badge, Sunshine Of Your Love, Let's Dance, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Teenage Kicks, and a few more; there's quite a few styles to be covered there, which is quite fun.

We messed around with Teenage Kicks at a rehearsal just for a laugh because it's only three chords, and we basically nailed it on the first attempt so into the set list it went!

33 minutes ago, asingardenof said:

We messed around with Teenage Kicks at a rehearsal just for a laugh because it's only three chords, and we basically nailed it on the first attempt so into the set list it went!

Yep - I think I've managed to work it out!

TBH I've not played along to it at all, but there might be a 4th chord in there for the chorus!

3 minutes ago, prowla said:

Yep - I think I've managed to work it out!

TBH I've not played along to it at all, but there might be a 4th chord in there for the chorus!

It's basically D Db B Db D in the verse, and then A G G# A for the chorus. The little vamp at the end is quite fun too.