Why become a member? ×

Dark Starred DeArmond Starfire

steve

After some more thought, and amongst other things, the need to rationalise my bass collection, my starfire is definately up for sale, I'm looking for £600 collected.

There's a couple of pics on the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34048&hl=starfire"]original sale thread[/url] for now, but I'll put up some more as needed.

I'm hoping to get to the Harrogate Bass Bash, if I can make it, I'll be bringing her along.

Forgot to mention that i'm not looking for trades

Edited by steve

here's a new pic

I'll get some more pics up soon, there is a small scratch in the lacquer on the back of the body (which doesn't go through to the wood) shown below, and a previous owner added a couple of swithes which aren't wired up. Otherwise it's in excellent nick

about two inches long, and could possibly be polished out (or filled in with a pen) if it was an issue

[quote name='henry norton' post='398149' date='Feb 2 2009, 06:01 PM']I'm looking for a semi bass at the moment and the DeArmond's near the top of my list but I don't want Darkstars. (You can throw holy water over me now if you want). If you do decide to split the DSs from the bass.......[/quote]

[size=5]SPLASH![/size] ;) I am looking for a DS N :P :)

[quote name='henry norton' post='398149' date='Feb 2 2009, 06:01 PM']I'm looking for a semi bass at the moment and the DeArmond's near the top of my list but I don't want Darkstars. (You can throw holy water over me now if you want). If you do decide to split the DSs from the bass.......[/quote]

;) :P :) :huh: <picking myself up from the floor> OMG WTF and other teenage expletives

[quote name='steve-norris' post='398152' date='Feb 2 2009, 06:05 PM'][size=5]SPLASH![/size] :angry: I am looking for a DS N :P :o[/quote]

hmmm, well, why don't you both pm me an offer or something and I'll have a think.
@henry: I still have the original pups, but they are quite weak, as Tayste who I bought the bass from can testify....

[quote name='Shire' post='397259' date='Feb 1 2009, 09:05 PM']Wow that's a beautiful bass Steve but unfortunately I can only afford to buy one bass from you :P

Good luck with the sale though ;)[/quote]

Thanks Matt, it's a belter, but it has to go

[quote name='dangerboy' post='398285' date='Feb 2 2009, 08:21 PM']I'd be happy to take a DarkStar or two off your hands.[/quote]

I'll bear that in mind if it develops that way DB,

I have to say I didn't expect to be breaking this up! watch this space!

[quote name='steve' post='398264' date='Feb 2 2009, 08:07 PM']hmmm, well, why don't you both pm me an offer or something and I'll have a think.[/quote]

I would ,but after my initial excitement it's suddenly occurred to me the starfire is short scale so the pole spacing is wrong for my 34" Ibby ;)

[quote name='steve-norris' post='398342' date='Feb 2 2009, 09:23 PM']I would ,but after my initial excitement it's suddenly occurred to me the starfire is short scale so the pole spacing is wrong for my 34" Ibby ;)[/quote]

sorry mate, the dark stars on the starfire are a DS-1/DS-2 rw/rp set

thinking about this, you could by the starfire as is, and I'll include the original pups, then you could try the dark stars and swap them out and sell them if you wanted ;)

[quote name='steve' post='398383' date='Feb 2 2009, 10:59 PM']thinking about this, you could by the starfire as is, and I'll include the original pups, then you could try the dark stars and swap them out and sell them if you wanted ;)[/quote]

Yeah, I'll give that some thought. It does seem a bit perverse taking Darkstars [i]off[/i] a starfire. Henry

[quote name='robcorrigan' post='400411' date='Feb 4 2009, 08:54 PM']How about 490?

I'll take it for that price if you'll help ship it to Paris at my expense.

Thanks

RC[/quote]

Sorry mate, that's too much of a price drop.

I have interest from the US at the asking price. If that deal doesn't go through, I can let you know, but you'd have to increase your offer a fair bit.

Thanks anyway