Why become a member? ×

NPD - MXR M87 Compressor

Lozz196

New pedal day. Had a rehearsal with some mates in the week and wanted a “tighter” sound than my usual Precision/Para Driver sound. So made my mind up to use my Stingray, but to also get myself a compressor to just tame the peaks a tad. But which one, so many out there? Well I saw a band on Thu - already put a post up about it - and the bassists sound was great, and I particularly liked the evenness of the tone, so took a look at his pedals and there was an MXR M87.

So decision made, and a quick trawl through the For Sale section saw our very own @Billy Apple was selling one, so arranged the purchase and collected it today, with a very useful lesson on how to use it very gratefully received. At home practice use I can hear the tightening that I wanted. It’s one of those things, if it wasn’t there it probably wouldn’t notice that much but it’s that extra 5% - plus with my ham fisted technique it will really even things out as the music I’m now doing requires a lot less power and a better technique. So given I have too much of the first, and not enough of the second I’ll let the M87 help me out.

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1